Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a total upgrade to my computer with

P4 3.2ghz
Intel D865PERLL Socket 478
xfx gf 6600 gt

and the Kingwin - Arctic Liquid Cooler

I want to know is it hard to install it?
What im afraid of is leaking and installing it on my vga card require me to remove the stock heatsink and fan (will it void the warranty?) I dont want it to mess up.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
prepackaged water-cooling kits are crap, don't waste your time...
might as well junk that Intel board while you're at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since im new i just wanna start out with a kit.
Im not going to overclock it, just want a basic system.
I think the Intel board is pretty good.... build 2 system with that board for my friends and they are happy with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
well, if your not going to overclock it, i just sugggest you get a few fans and a fan controller. air cooling still does the job these days. as for the processor, mobo and and gfx card, thats easy as pie. just read the first bits in their manuals.

and about removing the stock heatsink and fan warrenty thing, i dunno.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well you can buy good heatsinks for less money that outperform those water coolers and stuff. I would still stay away from the Intel board, no overclocking at all, and you never know, you might want to try it one day.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by apprentice21

well, if your not going to overclock it, i just sugggest you get a few fans and a fan controller. air cooling still does the job these days. as for the processor, mobo and and gfx card, thats easy as pie. just read the first bits in their manuals.

and about removing the stock heatsink and fan warrenty thing, i dunno.

ya... warranty toast unless you can put it back together with no evidence of tampering....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Well you can buy good heatsinks for less money that outperform those water coolers and stuff. I would still stay away from the Intel board, no overclocking at all, and you never know, you might want to try it one day.

I use an intel cause its stable....i leave my computer on for weeks... if im going to go for a new board what should i get? that would be good for oc?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
ASUS boards are rock solid stable and offere pretty good to very good overclocking depending on the model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts