1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
It should work fine, Antec sells a number of PSUs of varying quality (from mediocre to quite good), and the one you have there is pretty decent. If you can afford it I'd get a Corsair HX or a SeaSonic, but the Antec is fine.

EDIT: Hm, there's only one SeaSonic M12D unit left on newegg (the 850W), and the S12E 650W is a hair lower quality than the TP-650... The X650 is incredible though if you can afford it.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
It seems like every time an OCN member posts something somebody said who isn't an OCN member, it always turns out that they are absolutely incorrect and do not know what they're talking about at all.

In other words, this is a great build, and that PSU is a great choice! Don't get me wrong, there could be a better, higher-quality choice, but still!

I mean, I don't know what these "other guys" were smoking or drinking, but what did they say? Did they say that you should get like an 800 watt power supply?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
That PSU is great. Who told you it was weak? The Truepower News are great, and 650w is plenty.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Either the PSU you linked or the Corsair HX620/HX650 would be good, although I would go for the Corsair. If you want the option of going Crossfire in the future, something more powerful such as the Corsair HX750 (once it comes back into stock) would be a good choice. Even after rebate it's $40 more, but it's more efficient than the Antec you linked (80 Plus Silver vs 80 Plus Bronze) and 100w more powerful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts