Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a question about one of my new 5850 cards that I currently have setup in crossfire

On my primary card the sensor is reporting something odd in that while doing something graphic intesive furmark for example it will go to 100% usage then suddenly drop to 0% usage for a second or too then go right back up to 100% usage. I tried a fresh install of windows and the drivers to see if that would fix the issue and it did not. The interval that it seems to happen at is random sometimes it will say 100% usage consistantly for a while then drop for a second or two then go back up.

Sometimes it will go up and down every few seconds from 100% to 0%

Any ideas what would cause this?

The second gpu does not have this issue.

On a side note gpuz is reporting the primary card as running at 16x with the secondary card running as 8x because of the sound card in one of my x16 lanes.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhany
View Post

crossfire is enabled, the video card is actually in a x16 slot the bandwith is being reduced because of the sound card. Ill take out the sound card though either way.

okay. let us know how that goes.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No change here is a screenshot of gpuz of what the sensor is showing

Also the core and memory clocks dont look right either the other card is showing 725/1000 while the primary card is showing 550/900????

Figured it out the card was throttling itself thats why the wierd behavior, apperntly these cards dump heat into the case rather than expell it out the back which is as you can imagine causing some other issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts