Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads, howzit goin!?

I'm just wondering, I was playing FEAR, and my card was performing grand, had the hardware monitor open, and nothing was wrong. Great.

Then I decide to play Call of Duty 2. Played around for a bit, then checked the hardware monitor. My card ****ing throttled. I'm just wondering is it normal for a card to throttle in one app. and not in another? Also, anyway I can prevent it?

I'm almost sure my card didn't throttle when I played COD2 a while ago, but today, I upped my mem clock by about 10mhz, it was already overclocked. I'm wondering if this might have anything to do with it?

Mucho helpo appreciatedo!

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesadiesandmycomp

Hey is 520/1215 to much for my 6800gs w/ stock cooling

Clocks mean nothing, look at your temperatures and artifacting. What are your load temps?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can make a new thread by clicking on 'new thread' to the left of the page no.s above the thread listing. And you can edit posts by clicking the 'edit' button at the bottom right of your post, instead of posting numerous ones

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesadiesandmycomp

idk how to start a thread so ya and i realy need help. thanks for being cool with it

Even though your new here Try not to hijack lol...Well if its not drivers and your temps are fine it maybe a very slight compatibility issue with that game and your card..Maybe theres a patch for the game you should get.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts