Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a dual monitor setup, my Asus 22" being my primary display, and my samsung 26" being my secondary.
I am wondering if there is any way to have a full screen application open (such as a game), and be able to do things on the second monitor simultaneously. For instance, lately I have been having troubles in a video game that I play, so it would be convenient if I could look at an online walkthrough while playing the game. Granted, I can have the webpage open on the secondary screen while playing the game, but I can't really scroll down, or even move my mouse to my secondary monitor.
So, to sum up, I am aware that I can have an app or a window open on the second screen while having a game open on the first, but I'm not able to really access the second screen while gaming, and that is something I would like to change. Is there any way to do that?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Unfortunately, no there is not a way to play full screen on one screen and do other tasks on the other. The only possible option is to run the game in windowed mode on one screen have your applications on the other.

Please let me know if you need anything else. I have been in the multi-monitor gaming realm for quite some time and would be more than happy to answer any more of your questions.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok, well thanks!
The only other question I have would be this: I have figured out how to have different displays on each monitor, but is there any way to get the windows toolbar/taskbar on to the other screen as well as the original?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
So, you want it to stretch across both screens?

• Rep+
Reactions: Ckaz

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well yes, sort of. But nvm, I found the right app for it. I use Display Fusion for having two different wall papers on the two screens, and I am going to use an app called MultiMon for the taskbar. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Well why don't you just use MultiMon for both.

Ive used both applications. The only benefit to Display Fusion is it has the ability to cycle wallpapers.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it turns out with multimon you have to pay, and I also don't really like tha look of the taskbar in multimon. Is there any way to get the second toolbar for free, but also so that it replicates your win 7 toolbar?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Display Fusions can do it as well and I believe there is a program called Oscar's Multi-monitor Taskbar.

Unfortunately, neither program, to my knowledge supports Windows 7 Aero. You can get the taskbar to look close but if I remember correctly I could never manage to get them to look exactly the same. Its worth a shot though.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Damn, I completely forgot about UltraMon. That is the program I was trying to recall earlier in the post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts