Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Today I finally got my 2500K and at the moment I am using my stock Intel heatsink. I have the chip running at 3.6Ghz and I have noticed that when running Intel Burn Test for 5 passes some of the cores hit 95 degrees C.

Personally, I don't think that this is normal, not even for a stock cooler. I would like someone else's opinion on this. Thanks.

EDIT: I also need to mention that my idle temps are about 45 - 50 degrees C. At stock speeds I was seeing about 70 C under load.

·
VROOM VROOM
6,055 Posts
That is way too high, try reseating the cooler.

My sisters i5 2400 only hits 50c max load at 3.1ghz. That is on the stock cooler too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht;13113855
That is way too high, try reseating the cooler.

My sisters i5 2400 only hits 50c max load at 3.1ghz. That is on the stock cooler too.
I did try reseating the heatsink but it didn't work. I worked out that when I overclocked the BIOS automatically set the VCore to 1.3V which wasn't needed, I've got it at 1.176V @ 3.8Ghz and load temps are 60C with idle being around 26C.

Thanks.

·
VROOM VROOM
6,055 Posts
That was going to be the next thing I suggested. Check voltages. Glad you got it working good. You should be able to get over 4ghz on the stock cooler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts