Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm looking for help.
(Not entirely sure if this is where the thread goes..)
Well, anyway, I wanted to ask a few questions about some things involving overclocking. And some general advice would be appreciated too.
Let it be known that I'm not a COMPLETE doofus. (At least, I like to think I'm not.
) I kinda-sorta know what I'm doing.. then again, I may not. Which is why I'm here.
So, here's the rig I plan to get (already ordering parts.. slowly, but surely.)

Antec Nine Hundred
ZOTAC 9600GT (two, plan to run them in SLI)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
EVGA Nforce 780i Intel Mobo
OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU
G.SKILL 2GB & 4GB Dual-Channel RAM
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Hard-Drives
LG 22x DVD-R Burner / Reader
Windows Vista 64-bit
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 92mm CPU Cooler

Now, I might've done a little bit of overkill with the SLI and RAM. BUT, I got a really boss deal on the cards ($140 for both!) and the RAM was a nice price, too. I don't think it's too bad - I plan to run my comp through a 42" HDTV and use it as a decent home recording studio (which can be demanding for computers, btw.)
To reiterate, I'm looking for advice.
I would like to overclock my processor, because I don't think 2.4GHz would perform too smoothly when the recording/mixing/editing comes around. But I'm not sure what my limits are, because of mobo capabilities and whatnot.
I'd also like to know if overclocking my RAM would be wise, as well. Or, better yet, if it's necessary when overclocking my proc.
Also.. how? for both? XD
I'm not too worried about cooling, as the Antec Nine Hundred comes with a nice array of fans, and I'm not exactly running a super rig. (as far as I know, anyway.)

Please don't burn me too hard, as I'd like to come out of this with more education than emotional scars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts