Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a part of assignment I have to create GUI prototype, not just graphics, but kind of an interactive application. I'm going to need several menus with buttons and some widget-like objects that can be invoked from the menus, moved around etc. Nothing too complicated.

What would be the best tool to create something like this? I was thinking about Flash, but I don't know it at all, so I wonder how easy it is to learn it and create an app like this. I could do it in C#/VS, but that's probably more than I really need.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poroboszcz;11950995
As a part of assignment I have to create GUI prototype, not just graphics, but kind of an interactive application. I'm going to need several menus with buttons and some widget-like objects that can be invoked from the menus, moved around etc. Nothing too complicated.

What would be the best tool to create something like this? I was thinking about Flash, but I don't know it at all, so I wonder how easy it is to learn it and create an app like this. I could do it in C#/VS, but that's probably more than I really need.
Visual Basic would be your best choice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Visual Studio would defo be the quickest (depends on your experience though).
If stuff is gonna move around however, GDI in VS is not the best option and you may need to look at Expression (WPF) which would give much better results.

If you're web experienced then Photoshop the screen and slice it to web files then use css/jquery to move the elements.

Lastly, Flash. This is great for the animation side but action script is very limited compared to .net framework especially for any sort of data manipulation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts