Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newb here.
MY first question is, The factory TDP on the A10 7700k is 95W but in my asus bios (A88x Pro) i only get the option of choosing 65W or lower.

Is there in update for my mother board to raise the TDP for the APU's factory setting?

I hope this is in the right section, and i tried to search the site for an answer yet did not find any

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hi there,

well I understand what you are trying to say, let me tell you it's not like you are able to set the amount of TDP allow to use, but rather check if you board is able to use that CPU, in your case APU.

by checking the supported CPUs for that mobo, you can use the A10-7700k without any problem, just make sure your bios is 0703 or newer to be able to read the APU.

If you dont have it to that version or higher you need to do a update your bios doing a usb bios flashback

You can download the lastest bios from the MFG here is the last update to this date

A88X-PRO BIOS 2301

Once you have everything set, you can later on overclock the APU and see if you can gain extra performance, overclocking will increase the TDP of the APU but it's not like the motherboard is going to block you if you go over what the chip is designed from factory, That's why is important to have a good cooling solution for your CPU / APU if your goal is overclocking, if you keep the cpu cool, there are more chances of gaining more performance. You just have to be careful and go on
tongue.gif

If you want us to help you there, just ask and tell us your rig specs

Hope that helps, Cheers
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Right, set it to auto. That's what I do with my 7700k + A88x Pro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts