Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Size: 124(L)-67(W)-43(H)
Weight: 103 gr with metal weight(6.5 gr) removed, two screws behind lower feet.
Flexible braided cord, crisp clicks, quiet scrolls wheel.
Lift off distance: ~1 mm
Low prediction
No acceleration, no weird tracking

Paint test
No jitter at 400, slight at 800, strong at 1600, huge at 3200.

Tracking speed test
1.6 m/s - 1.7 m/s @500/1000hz

·
Registered
13 Posts
The $6 optical mouse I am using:

Smoothness:

Paint test:
7f228d94d4.png

What about the smoothness of the V3? should I worry about the low counts/counter? I am medium to high sensitivity player and obviously I play at 800 DPI maybe less on 600 DPI (but the mouse I currently have doesn't go any lower)

P.S.: I am the one whom is about to buy the V7M/V8M which has the same sensor..

Tell me though, how is the performance in FPS games? like Battlefield 3/4 and likewise.. or even CS.. is it precise and accurate? (i.e. can you perform snap shots? swipe from a point to the other very precisely?) I guess that's all it matters, yeh?
tongue.gif

Awaiting your response
smile.gif

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N245 View Post

The $6 optical mouse I am using:

Smoothness:

Paint test:
7f228d94d4.png

What about the smoothness of the V3? should I worry about the low counts/counter? I am medium to high sensitivity player and obviously I play at 800 DPI maybe less on 600 DPI (but the mouse I currently have doesn't go any lower)

Tell me though, how is the performance in FPS games? like Battlefield 3/4 and likewise.. or even CS.. is it precise and accurate? (i.e. can you perform snap shots? swipe from a point to the other very precisely?) I guess that's all it matters, yeh?
tongue.gif

Awaiting your response
smile.gif
Don't buy that for FPS, max PCS is too low for many games of that genre.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

tongue.gif

Awaiting your response
smile.gif
Smoothness test is broken, doesn't matter what it says.
At your 13cm/360 sensitivity is more than enough perfect control speed.
Yeah snapshots are fine with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

Can you clarify and explain precisely what PCS is..? is it related to the polling rate? is there a thread explaining this in depth..? I would like to learn and know more.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Quote:

Can you clarify and explain precisely what PCS is..? is it related to the polling rate? is there a thread explaining this in depth..? I would like to learn and know more.
Perfect control speed is how many IPS a mouse could track without malfunctioning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4dd View Post

Perfect control speed is how many IPS a mouse could track without malfunctioning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

As far as I know, my sensitivity is medium(13cm/360), I will lower it until probably 20cm by time.. But I truly doubt I will reach 30cm, that's if I even reach 20cm.

So I guess Berserker is right, the PCS is more than enough for me, knowing that I'll be playing at 600~800 CPI on 13cm/360 setting with the PCS up to 1.6 m/s (that would suffice..)

Though theoretically that sensor should read up to 1.9 m/s, not sure why is it reading a maximum of 1.6x only with you.. was it malfunctioning when it reached that speed?

I am confident now knowing and having learned all about mice.. at the moment it is all up to the build quality of the mouse and how well it would suffice my comfort
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

As far as I know, my sensitivity is medium(13cm/360), I will lower it until probably 20cm by time.. But I truly doubt I will reach 30cm, that's if I even reach 20cm.

So I guess Berserker is right, the PCS is more than enough for me, knowing that I'll be playing at 600~800 CPI on 13cm/360 setting with the PCS up to 1.6 m/s (that would suffice..)

Though theoretically that sensor should read up to 1.9 m/s, not sure why is it reading a maximum of 1.6x only with you.. was it malfunctioning when it reached that speed?

I am confident now knowing and having learned all about mice.. at the moment it is all up to the build quality of the mouse and how well it would suffice my comfort
biggrin.gif
I played with enotus open and max speed that I reach @ 19.24cm/360 is 1.52 m/s with my fast flick aim style.
It does not malfunction, just gets negative accel. Build quality is good.
Maybe tracking speed is a little higher on other pads, but on desk I got same result.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Berserker, you were right about the slight jitter (in paint test), I successfully bought the mouse along with CM Storm Speed-RXL, so far the mouse is deadly accurate and precise, you didn't lie about snapshots, I can perform those easily.

It works wonders on the CM Storm Speed, I can move my mouse fast and stop at once very precisely to wherever I want on-screen. The jitter doesn't affect me in game anyways neither does the slight prediction affect my performance.

The performance is not bad for a $40 mouse.. It has metal feet that glides but still very controllable and accurate. Now to see how durable is it over time, the local store provides 1 year warranty..

Much appreciated, this thread gave me confidence to purchase this mouse, it was almost out of stock but I finally got my own! will definitely recommend this to my friends since they're all on a budget and this mouse is not bad for entry gaming or even professional gaming.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts