Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.

I've read several of you mention DTR A64s. What are those? How can I know if I have one? As far as I can make out, they have 1MB L2 Cache and use less voltage. I imagine they're the ones designed to be on laptops. What other advantages do they carry?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
DTR = Desktop Replacement, which is basically an oversized Laptop. They're ClawHammer cores and have a slightly lower TDP that desktop chips. The only advantage to them is that DTRs and Mobiles are the only ways to buy ClawHammer cores these days except for the 3700+.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
DTR = Desktop Replacement, which is basically an oversized Laptop. They're ClawHammer cores and have a slightly lower TDP that desktop chips. The only advantage to them is that DTRs and Mobiles are the only ways to buy ClawHammer cores these days except for the 3700+.
^^^ forgot to add that you can OC them like a sum*****. Jus look at his clocks.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well mine is the 62watt True mobile, it uses a lower vcore (1.4 vs 1.5) but, yeah, they do overclock very well, 2.5-2.6 is quite common.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ooooh. Does that mean that my 1.5V 3200 ClawHammer sporting it's good ol' 1MB L2 is a DTR in itself? Kinky!

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Sorta... Chances are yours is the much older C0 Revision, whereas all DTRs (except some 3400s) are the new CG revision that runs cooler, has improvments to the on-die memory controller for better compatability, and overclocks better. The DTRs also have lower TDP (81.5 watts vs 89 watts on the desktop).

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerFry
Ooooh. Does that mean that my 1.5V 3200 ClawHammer sporting it's good ol' 1MB L2 is a DTR in itself? Kinky!
Yeah, but then there's also different steppings... C0's and CG's.

CG being better because it has an improved memory controller = more stable overclocking

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Il crap-o! You're right. I shall weep in my slumber and laugh while I shower.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

beat ya to it

Damn 56k... I cant refresh to check for new replies before posting because it takes too long.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts