Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ever Forward.
6,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got around to building my FM2 build today, having a bit of a problem.

Have everything installed, power on, debug led switches between 55 and 91, no display output. No memory installed gives just 55. I've tried multiple sticks of ram in each slot and all give the same.

Gigabyte A88X-UP4

various good rams

Antec EA-550

Transcend 128GB

I do have a another apu I'm going to try later.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-Imagery View Post

various good rams
This is most likely your problem.
Use two identical modules, both double sided and preferably based on Samsung / Hynix ICs. Depending on how much performance you want from the iGPU, you should be looking at 2133MHz rated RAM as minimum.

·
Overclocking is my game.
1,924 Posts
Try another cpu, possible IMC failure or a defective mobo <-- Most likely.

·
Ever Forward.
6,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By various good rams I mean pretty much every stick I own I've tried in each slot individually.

Only other thing is maybe needs a bios update, not sure what version this board has but it not giving a unsupported cpu error.

I do have a A6 I'll have to try later when I get back from work.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-Imagery View Post

By various good rams I mean pretty much every stick I own I've tried in each slot individually.

Only other thing is maybe needs a bios update, not sure what version this board has but it not giving a unsupported cpu error.

I do have a A6 I'll have to try later when I get back from work.
Before I flashed the bios my UP4 R3 would not boot with my A10-7870K. It didn't even get to the point of having a video signal iirc. I also seem to recall flashing the bios was a convoluted pia even after I put a A10-5800K in it to flash it.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Due Gigabyte bios bugs the board might not boot if the memory slots are populated in wrong order. If you use a single module, make sure it is installed to Slot_1 (the furthest away from the socket). Also if your memory modules are 4GB (single sided) or 8GB dual sided they can cause issues initially. In order to a "Godavari" APU to post, the bios version must be >= F3 (the first version with Kaveri support). Bios version older than that will not support Steamroller at all, so the board will not post either.

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
I'd put money on the board shipping with F6, no Godavari support.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Kaveri support is enough for it to post. AGESA and microcode wise Godavari is exactly the same thing as Kaveri.

·
Ever Forward.
6,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, got the 5400k back in, I'm using a single stick of G.Skill 2GB 1600Mhz in the slot furthest from the cpu.

It cycles through a bunch of codes, hangs on 55 for a second or two and continuous. This goes on for about 15-20seconds and than it stops on A6 which the manual says is "Detect and install all currently connected SCSI devices"; still no display output.

·
Ever Forward.
6,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm, okay. Switched to vga monitor, in bios. All seems well, updating bios.

Wasn't getting any display on hdmi, same thing happened on my Z68 board; no display until the OS started to boot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts