Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After upgrading my old Corsair XMS PC3200 to 2x1Gb G.Skill Extreme F1-3200USU2-2GBHS, I can't overclock anymore! I tried to use a divider (333) - running the memory at 187 Mhz. (crashed over 5 min of prime95) The FSB was set to 220. With my old Corsair memory I cold easely do 260 FSB. (333 divider)

Athlon X2 3800+
Asus A8N-E
G.Skill Extreme Series DDR I PC3200 2.5-3-3-6 Dual Channel
Western digital HD.
Power Color X850XT.

Does the Asus A8N-E have stability problems with large amounts of memory? Or could this be a bad autodetection of the memory timings? I know that my CPU can do 2600 Mhz+! I allso tried with loose timings. Stil onstable.

Do you know the correct timings for: (I don't have a auto setting)
row cycle time (trc)
row refresh cyc time (trfc)
read to write time (trwt)
write recovery time (twr)

I tried loosening the timings to 3-4-4-8 1t 2.8v. Still no go.

Best regards. Asbjørn Morell

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have updated my system specs. My old ram was 2x512 Corsair XMS [email protected] 520 3-4-4-8. I tried lowering memory speed with a divider so that they was not overclocked - no go. 2.3 Ghz is max! Before I cold reach 2.6.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have u changed the RAM timings in the BIOS to recommended timings and the recommended voltage ? What's the default volt for ur RAM ? Try changing the volts in the BIOS along with the timing and see if there if any improvement. I've not come across any such issues with the A8N-E. Also, which BIOS version are u using ?

Try this link : http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/GSkill/3200-2GBHS/2 and do as given there. Might help you.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Try setting the memory to 2T in the CPC setting (command per clock) and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
you know what, i think the a8ne might have a problem with 2 gigz of ram

i have a similar problem with my 3700 SD, i have 2 gigs of pc500, i KNOW my cpu can handle 250 x 11 with ease, and it does with 1 stick, but as soon as i pop the other in i get massive bluescreens, even if i drop the cpu multi to spec cpu speeds

i figured it was the ram though it didnt make sense that things worked fine with one stick and not two, guess it might be the motherboard O_O

that upsets me

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IwubAMD

you know what, i think the a8ne might have a problem with 2 gigz of ram

i have a similar problem with my 3700 SD, i have 2 gigs of pc500, i KNOW my cpu can handle 250 x 11 with ease, and it does with 1 stick, but as soon as i pop the other in i get massive bluescreens, even if i drop the cpu multi to spec cpu speeds

i figured it was the ram though it didnt make sense that things worked fine with one stick and not two, guess it might be the motherboard O_O

that upsets me

Try 2T instead of 1T. Asus boards tends to have problems around this HTT with 1T.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IwubAMD

i did, i tried everything

Uh oh. I just bought the F1-3200USU2-2GBHS 2GB and have an A8N-E. I hope it works out for me. Did anyone ever solve this problem? Is it really that the A8N-E has problems with 2GB memory?
Regards.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coelacanth

Uh oh. I just bought the F1-3200USU2-2GBHS 2GB and have an A8N-E. I hope it works out for me. Did anyone ever solve this problem? Is it really that the A8N-E has problems with 2GB memory?
Regards.

OK. I just got my G.Skill F1-3200USU2-2GBHS from newegg. I've been apprehensive because I found a few stories on the web that the HS's (Samsung UCCC integrated circuits) don't work with the ASUS A8N-E or ASUS A8N SLI motherboards.

I put in the HS's and got error beeps. Computer won't boot. I can't get to BIOS or anything. So the stories are true.

If you have an ASUS A8N-E or A8N SLI, stay away from the G.Skill F1-3200USU2-2GBHS and Samsung UCCC memory in general.

So I'm going to get the Infineon BE5 die based ZX's
2-3-2-5 is better than 2.5-3-3-6 anyway.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231032

Here's the link the the particular Samsung UCCC IC's used on the G.Skill HS:
K4H510838C-UCCC
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semi...K4H510838C.htm

Here's a link to Samsung's Part # decorder pdf. For those insterested, it tells you what in the heck K4H510838C-UCCC means:
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semi...o/DDR_code.pdf

Regards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts