Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am trying to see what my Mem can do timmings wise before i even try to OC my new 3700. i ran cpuz to see what the mem

i have 2x512 of these are those timmings bad they are that a defult with my board. i have to use this ram at the mo as i just bought my new system and thats my old ran. what you guys think

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
I wouldn't rate any RAM that defaults to 3-3-3-8 at DDR400 as a good overclocker. Then again, some value RAM can surprise you, but don't count on it getting very far. What voltage is that, at stock DDR400 speed? 2.6?

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
I checked it out, all Nanya DDR RAM is 2.5/2.6V. First I would see how high the RAM can go at those 3-3-3-8 timings by lowering the CPU multiplier and raising the FSB/HTT. You could push it up to maybe 2.8V as well, but watch the heat on the RAM, keep feeling it to see if it is getting very hot. Then go to stock speeds and see if you can tighten the timings by raising the RAM voltage.

The basic story is, that RAM is not going to do your CPU any justice, the 3700 SD is capable of far better things than that RAM is going to let it do. You will have to run a pretty big divider, and even then probably still have loose timings. If you want to see the best of that system, get some better RAM as soon as you can

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just as we speak on here i am playing about with ram timmings i have not overclocked my pc yet as am not sure how to set deviders yet!! but i will sone hope fully . so i have been setting that at stock speeds got them set to 2.5-3-2-6 and running memtest to see if ok set DRAM voltage to 2.6 as that seems to be the lowest my board will go. i tired 2-3-2-6. but pc booted up no boot screen tho so had to clear cmos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts