Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am currently trying to overclock with this board, and i decided to try a bios flash, i downloaded the beta 1306 version, flashed it fine, however when i overclock it posts and list's the drive and just stops dead. Only wiping the bios settings, then overclocking it seems to work. I tried to flash back to the 1011, but it wouldn't let me, what can (or should) i do?

Also, can i somehow gain more vcore without the vmod?

Lastly, for my cpu what "HT" setting should i use (ie 1x, 2x - 5x)?

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Well it should let you flash back. Thats rather odd. Make sure that you havent got BIOS flash protection enabled in the BIOS. Also do a CMOS reset and try again also making sure any protection is disabled.

Also i do reccomend that Beta BIOS'S shouldnt be used as they can cause more issues as they can be buggy.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakg

Lastly, for my cpu what "HT" setting should i use (ie 1x, 2x - 5x)?

You should use which ever multiplier that makes your HT link closest to 1000Mhz for example if your FSB is 200Mhz then use 5x if its 250Mhz then use 4x if its 300Mhz or so use the 3x

·
Registered
270 Posts
Odd problem to be having with your BIOS....

One question, though? Where'd you find a 1306 beta bios? The ASUS website itself is only listing a 1302 beta bios as newest....

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

Remember in an overclock to adjust your V-core accordingly

well looking at it, its a 17% overclock, and it is running at 1.55v (max the bios allows), as a pose to 1.5v stock, and yes, Cool n Quiet is off!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts