Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading some reviews on my processor, the 4400, and people have been saying they have gotten it to 2.8 stable. But they said that it needs a lot of vcore to get that high, my Asus A8N-SLi Premium only lets me raise to 1.45v at the highest. Is there any way to make it go higher, or do I need to buy a new mobo if I really want to do some good ocing with this proc?

BTW: My BIOS are the most recent, 1011.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
1.45v? Wow, that's like crazy low... I know the ASUS A8N boards are limited to 1.55 volts overall, but I guess it's lower for dual core... Well, first thing I would do is make sure all that AI NOS and auto overclocking nonsense is off, that may be limiting your core voltage, but other wise, yeah, you'll probably have to buy a new motherboard to get more core voltage.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

1.45v? Wow, that's like crazy low... I know the ASUS A8N boards are limited to 1.55 volts overall, but I guess it's lower for dual core... Well, first thing I would do is make sure all that AI NOS and auto overclocking nonsense is off, that may be limiting your core voltage, but other wise, yeah, you'll probably have to buy a new motherboard to get more core voltage.

Yeah...the 1.45 sucks. But IF i buy a new mobo do you guys have any recomendations?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I don't really have any suggestions except the ASUS A8N32-SLi Deluxe if you can find one. DFI has left a very bitter taste in my mouth, and I would never use one or recommend one again. But the A8N32-SLi is supposed to offer core vultage up to I believe it's 1.755 volts, which should be plenty.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

1.45v? Wow, that's like crazy low... I know the ASUS A8N boards are limited to 1.55 volts overall, but I guess it's lower for dual core...

That is correct about it being different for dual cores. One option you could try would be to change your BIOS to 1005, that was the earliest one that supported dual core processors, may have different voltage options. I don't think that will work either, but I'm not sure. There was another thread about this somewhere that never got resolved, but I don't believe they ever ended up trying different BIOS's. Mine goes to 1.55vCore, but I don't have an X2. Maybe try the BIOS thing?

-Sean

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tatted_taz

No trying to hi jack the thread, but Yiffy, what happened with you and DFI???

Took an act of god to get the thing to just POST, it didn't seem like my RAM or something, cause replacing my expensive CH-UTT RAM with a little cheapy 256MB OCZ ValueRAM seemed to resolve the issue, if only temporarily... just a very poorly made board overall in my opinion, BIOS was buggy and hardware compatability sucked.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
with my opti 170 it goes to 1.50vcore, i was kind of pissed because it said that these guys go up to 1.65vcore but thats through the ai overclocking but i cant get that crap to post past like 2.4 and i can get to 2.7 with the 1.5vcore
here try this if you want, it works on all the a8n sli deluxe/premium asus boards http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=1624&s=1

shamino said it gave him 1.66vcore when he did it and the vdimm mod if you wanna run bh5 or something i think he said he got up to 3.6 or something, now the clockgen thing i couldnt get to work so im gonna have to do the hard mod but im gonna have to wait until after i get back from deployment i think

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
its a pretty easy lookin mod (one of the easiest ive scene) apparently you just connect the four points to ground and it forces the maxvcore which is 1.65 (which i would be happy with ) but i just got my rig together and i dont feel like taking it apart agian so i can do some sodering work onit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts