Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like this board overvolts your vcore by 0.6 on default settings, according to a competing site... Seems this might be the reason for unusually high temperatures out of the box. AMD recommends 1.3-1.35, whereas this board reads something around the region of 1.4.

Please correct if I'm wrong... Just trawling around when I found that little snippet of information.

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
Mines fine too with 3 different bios versions (current 1103)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just up and running. Getting the new BIOS as I type. Just thought it was a useful bit of info for anyone who owns this thing.

·
Registered
459 Posts
thanks for the headsup, but i believe i'm running 1.35 on mine.

my failure to apply the correct amount of AS5 and properly reseating my HSF is what's causing my higher then normal CPU temperatures.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Lol I came here thinking you said P5N32 mobo owners
and thought I'd say its the opposite for us P5N32-SLI Deluxe owners, my mobo as well as most of those reviewed on sites UNDERvolt the CPU and stock or overclocked settings
LMAO!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bizzare, that's just weird. Well, lowered the voltage after the latest BIOS. Intriguing that Asus would ship their board undervolted or overvolted.

Oh, and rcantec... 1.55! That rocks dude. What temps you getting? I'm a little reticent to try that till I start testing the limits of the 4400+ processor, since I've heard the dual cores run a little hotter, too. Will be getting to that this weekend, when I've got a little more time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Real good. You're lucky though... You don't live in a country where ambient temp is around 33-36 degrees all year round, like me. Best I've managed is 38 idle. About 45 load. Haven't even started OC'ing yet. Oh well. Time to buy an air conditioner.

·
Registered
235 Posts
now i am @ 1.4V + vcore oc enabled = 1.6V, system temp 34C, cpu idle 32C and 46 on load.

something werid though, everytime i changed volt settings, and it takes longer to load windows, and the second boot is fine.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Have you tried upping the inital boot voltage... if possible?
BTW.. get the OC added to AMD_Offical_Database See post #2

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, great temps. Now I wish I lived in a temperate country again. Well, I've recent gotten a 12 hour prime stable 2.61 oc, max temps on load go up to about 45C, ambient around 36 again... Going for a 24 hour large FFT on prime before I post anything. So far so good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts