Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright I was actually looking for this but I couldnt find it, anyways can you fit a big typhoon on an Asus a8n32 mobo?

right now I am getting all paranoid cause my parts from newegg are shipped and I am really hoping all goes well.

ehh its going to look bad in my SUNBEAM AC-HUVB case

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by foxracing4500

alright I was actually looking for this but I couldnt find it, anyways can you fit a big typhoon on an Asus a8n32 mobo?

right now I am getting all paranoid cause my parts from newegg are shipped and I am really hoping all goes well.

ehh its going to look bad in my SUNBEAM AC-HUVB case

Sounds like it has been done before, you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have it on my board... fits perfectly. No worries.

And it's in a very very good spot for increasing airflow to the 8 phase power heatsinks on our A8N32... Just don't expect extremely low CPU and MB temps... this board runs hotter than your typical board, but it has VERY SMALL temperature changes between idle and load (mine changes about 3 degC between idle/load)... when overclocked you also see minimal temp changes... the board just runs hotter in general.

My current setup runs at:
37C / 40C CPU
40C / 42C MB
I am using AS5 and a 100cfm fan on my TT Big Typhoon

When I get it in the Thermaltake Armor Full-Tower Case (its in a mid-T atm) then it should decrease the temps a few more degrees.

Enjoy your kick arse board. (I have to wait to play with my new setup... 7800gt had to be RMA'd
)

• Rep+
Reactions: graffittisk8er

·
Banned
4 Posts
wow that is soo awesome! so I guess I dont have to see a jump from idle to load. Anyways with my mid tower case I think I will be good with low temps cause I got 5 masscool 80mm fans and DANG they push some serious air I read they do 38 CFM each. soo I was checking out our leaf blower and here its a 150mph/25cc and it does 300CFM so my 5 fans could do about 2/3 of that LMAO

·
Premium Member
20,550 Posts
Aliengamer, are those temps stock or OC? I have the same board with a 4000+ and the thermaltake armor (using the zalman 7700CU) and my stock temps are as follows:

27/31 CPU
30/33 MB
IDLE/LOAD

Incidently, the Thermaltake Armor is a full tower!

Try mounting fans like this on anything other than a coolermaster stacker (or the thermaltake Kandalf which is the armor with a door)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robilar

Incidently, the Thermaltake Armor is a full tower!

Try mounting fans like this on anything other than a coolermaster stacker (or the thermaltake Kandalf which is the armor with a door)

how do you mount fans like that in 5.25" bays? I get those are 120mm...but how do you mount them like that?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorLCA

40*C Idle seems a little high, I know you said it runs hotter but I didn't think it ran that hot. My Premium runs at 29*C Idle and at most 2*C above the Idle temp for load, depending on the amient temp. Right now it's at 25*C but it's also a little chilly in my room

40C range is quite normal for these boards.. my old a8n-sli premium also ran 10C cooler than my a8n32.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts