Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

A top Samsung executive says the company will take a bolder stance in its patent battle with smartphone and tablet rival Apple, which Samsung claims has been "free riding" on its patented wireless technologies.

Source

Didn't see anything about this in the news section.
But I'm glad to see that Samsung isn't going to take this patent shenanigans laying down.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

·
(つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
918 Posts
I'm losing more and more respect for Apple. I love my iPhone 4, but man.. part of me wants to sell it and get an android

·
Registered
107 Posts
Last I heard, VIA also was set to ban iPxxx products in US..... What goes around comes back around................ woohooooo......

·
Registered
959 Posts
Lol, apple has no friends to help XD they messed with the wrong people!

Apple sues samsung, 12 different giants turn around and gangbang them lololololol

Sent from my VELOCITIZED LG Ally

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Segovax
View Post

I'm going to get a patent for human legs and bipedal motion. You will all have to pay me royalties soon. Or crabwalk everywhere.

My patent on crabwalking is now being filed.

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
"Samsung says such patents cover key functions including allowing a mobile phone user to speak on the phone and receive an e-mail at the same time."

This whole "war" is utter nonsense, these patents are nonsense, and the patent system in its current state is utterly embarrassing.

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek
View Post

My patent on crabwalking is now being filed.

And I already patented hopping, skipping, walking on hands, hand walking (yes they're different), and wheelchairs.

On topic I really hope Samsung gets some sweet revenge on Apple. A ban on US sales would be like the equivalent of heaven.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mechtech
View Post

"Samsung says such patents cover key functions including allowing a mobile phone user to speak on the phone and receive an e-mail at the same time."

This whole "war" is utter nonsense, these patents are nonsense, and the patent system in its current state is utterly embarrassing.

The thing is that the giants were letting other giants use their patents without caring but then apple started attacking people. I just don't understand their motives, its obviously gonna backfire.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I've been just waiting for this to happen. I've mentioned in several threads around OCN. It was just a matter of time for Samsung to turn around and man handle them. They have far more resources than Apple, Samsung is also a massive company for both retail and oem. They have far more weight than Apple in every single aspect of business.

Apple was just begging for it, and now they will get it with no lube. Samsung isn't the only one now going after Apple either.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benladesh;15044127
The thing is that the giants were letting other giants use their patents without caring but then apple started attacking people. I just don't understand their motives, its obviously gonna backfire.
Apple was losing market share. Fast. What better way to slow it than ban your competitors products in certain countries?

Of course, it's not going according to plan
cool.gif

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie1337;15044039
And I already patented hopping, skipping, walking on hands, hand walking (yes they're different), and wheelchairs.

On topic I really hope Samsung gets some sweet revenge on Apple. A ban on US sales would be like the equivalent of heaven.
all of these patents infringe on my patent of using the mind to manipulate body parts for forward, backward, upward and sideways motion...

time to stop all you freewheelers on my patents, which were filed some time ago...

Oh and my names Adam, perhaps you've read about my wife Eve and I in a little book

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Apple: "Samsungs are shaped and colored like ours!"
Samsung: "We build the key components of Apple's products and hold the patents to their core purpose and functionality. "

What is apple thinking?

·
Registered
555 Posts
This put a smile on my face. If you keep poking and prodding the wasp nest, eventually you're going to be assaulted with spoonful of rape in your behind. Apple's legal department was just too blind and stupid to see it.

But with the same respect, I hope Samsung doesn't overextend and start toying with Apple. Make your point so they don't mess with you again, but don't seek to destroy them because that means you're becoming the very thing that you hate.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amay200;15046171
all of these patents infringe on my patent of using the mind to manipulate body parts for forward, backward, upward and sideways motion...

time to stop all you freewheelers on my patents, which were filed some time ago...

Oh and my names Adam, perhaps you've read about my wife Eve and I in a little book
this sir is an infringement i alrdy patent'd the name adam

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.