Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually It does matter since I was trying to PM while I had 35 rep points... According to Taeric it's been changed to 20 days. Yar.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
For the record, it's 20 reps, 20 posts, and 20 days.

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Sorry guys that this is not inherently included in membership here but it really is in the best interest of the community as a whole. We had many people trying to abuse the PM system before this rule was implemented.

But please do note that we are working on ways to allow all members to use PM and For Sale services within Overclock.net before they have met the exisitng criteria. More details on this to come - but look for some big changes in the For Sale section in a month or so

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't really have a problem with it... I just didn't know what was going on before. I had read in a FAQ that it was 10 or everything. *shrugs*

·
Registered
125 Posts
I understand why you have to have it, but it kinda bothers me. I cant PM eventhough i have nearly 75 posts, and ive been here for like 3 months. I need to go earn some rep

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
when i first joined... i got hooked!!! lol and i have like 93 points in just my first 25 days of being a member!
im proud...lol but i can fully understand the rules of the PMing and selling, because we dont just want poeple coming here and screwing around,spamming people all day, or selling crap to people,scamming them...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think using some nested IF statements are the way to tackle this problem (maintain safety for the community and be fair to legitimate contributors). Now bare with me as I haven't done any serious coding in a while, but something like this perhaps...

Code:
Code:
[CODE]

IF user123456 paidmember == (1/yes)
    THEN pm_ability == enabled
    ELSE IF user123456 posted > 49
        ELSE IF user123456 reppts > 24
            ELSE IF user123456 joindate < 29 (days)
                THEN pm_ability = disabled
[/CODE]
The values could be anything, obviously... Yar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts