Overclock.net banner

Abit AN-7 won't BOOT!!! HELP!!!

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Ket 
#1 ·
hi guys, I am new here. I just bought Abit AN7 motherboard with the AMD Athlon M 2500+. I have put everything together and it boots up fine but it keeps beeping at me. I then find out that I plug the fan into the wrong place. I then switch the fan plugs tot he correct one. After that the computer won't boot!!!! The post code that shows on the display is 26. I have no idea what it is........... Anyone have any ideas?

THANKS!!!

#2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zirconc

hi guys, I am new here. I just bought Abit AN7 motherboard with the AMD Athlon M 2500+. I have put everything together and it boots up fine but it keeps beeping at me. I then find out that I plug the fan into the wrong place. I then switch the fan plugs tot he correct one. After that the computer won't boot!!!! The post code that shows on the display is 26. I have no idea what it is........... Anyone have any ideas?

THANKS!!!

How did you "plug the fan into the wrong place" which fan are we speaking of? I would guess you are talking about the heatsinks fan and that you plugged it into the wrong spot on the motherboard correct?

What series of beeps was it giving you before it gave you the POST code error? Continous beeping or like, 1 long 2 short beeps?

That board uses Award BIOS correct? If so, POST code 26 is "Slot 6 EISA initialized and enabled" and I'm not sure how to fix that unfortunately.

Anyone else?

#3 ·
we I plug the CPU fan into the case fan slot and the can fan into the cpu fan slot. It is constant beeping. But everything works and the temp is just a bit hot like around 50c. The beeping was contant beeping. So I decide to find out why. I turn the computer off and went to my other one to find out why. I then find out I had the fan switched. I then switched them and reboot. Then it won't post. No beeps either. It will beep if I take out memory or the Video card. I don't know what is going on. The display says psot code 26. The manual said code 26 is this:

1. If early_Init_Onboard_Generator is not defined Onboard clock generator initializtion.
Disable respective clock resources to empty PCI & DIMM slots
2. Init onboard PWM
3. Init onboard H/W monitor devices

I have reset the BIOS too.... still nothing. Will try to get a Video card and se if that is causing it....... anyone ??

#4 ·
Quote:

we I plug the CPU fan into the case fan slot and the can fan into the cpu fan slot. It is constant beeping. But everything works and the temp is just a bit hot like around 50c. The beeping was contant beeping. So I decide to find out why. I turn the computer off and went to my other one to find out why. I then find out I had the fan switched. I then switched them and reboot. Then it won't post. No beeps either. It will beep if I take out memory or the Video card. I don't know what is going on. The display says psot code 26. The manual said code 26 is this:

1. If early_Init_Onboard_Generator is not defined Onboard clock generator initializtion.
Disable respective clock resources to empty PCI & DIMM slots
2. Init onboard PWM
3. Init onboard H/W monitor devices

I have reset the BIOS too.... still nothing. Will try to get a Video card and se if that is causing it....... anyone ??

system error.. problem between chair and keyboard!! haha..

#10 ·
ya.. I reflashed with the latest patch and still no display with the TI4600. I went out a bought A BFG 6800 GT... man.. it works wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, what is your stable clock speed and voltage for OC the M chip. I am looking for some stable setting to try out now. I am at 210 x 12 with 1.85v right now...

#11 ·
Put you system specs in your sig so we can see what you got! Knowing what you have is the trick

#12 ·
Quote:

ya.. I reflashed with the latest patch and still no display with the TI4600. I went out a bought A BFG 6800 GT... man.. it works wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, what is your stable clock speed and voltage for OC the M chip. I am looking for some stable setting to try out now. I am at 210 x 12 with 1.85v right now...

running 221x11.5 for 2.55GHz 1.84v, i need new RAM though this OCZ stuff i dont like none too much.

#13 ·
I just got mine to 2.6ghz now. here is teh specs, any more help with a stable higher settings will be great!!

SUPER TALENT 1GB PC3200 DDR 400 (2 x 512) RAM MEMORY with 2-3-3-7 timing

CPU: 1.98 v
Memory: 2.7
NB Core: 1.7
Video card: 1.65v

Temp reading:

CPU
max load: 55C
light load: 45C

PWM
max load: 65c
light load: 50c

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.