Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i ordered the AV8-3rd Eye alond with a Winchester 3500+ on Thursday, and when i get them, i'm gonna refuse delivery of them.

According to what i've read on the Abit website, the AV8 has some very serious problems, including - but not limited to:

Seriously incorrect temperature readings which change with reboots.
Incompatability with all Antec PSU's and many other PSU's!!!
Incompatability with the Winchester on everything apart from the latest bios.
Problems running under Windows 2000
Problems getting the board to go over 220fsb
Many reporting that they get 'signal out of range' when setting up the 4in1 drivers.

This has to be the biggest pile of poop Abit has ever released.
Check out their forum: http://forum.abit-usa.com/forumdispl...?s=&forumid=49
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
you do that. i think that it's a bad board- but people flamed the is7 as well...thats what im gettin...but i think it'll fit my purpose...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by atvkid1090

you do that. i think that it's a bad board- but people flamed the is7 as well...thats what im gettin...but i think it'll fit my purpose...

I personally havn't heard much about that board...but how about trying the AI7? Its pretty much the same price, and from some reviews i've heard its a better overclocker than the IC7 that has some voltage stability issues.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by atvkid1090

meh...already ordered it. does that board have RAID and SATA connections?

Indeed it does. It also has support for on-the-fly overclocking, and i think abits lcd thingy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
damn, i wish i had saved up for that one...it looks awesome! however, i can't do it anymore, all the parts are bein packaged in the warehouse, says newegg. i think when i get into college i'll get another board w/ pci-e and other such features... cuz the technology will develop further....i hope... lol hopefully prices will drop and all...

Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

Indeed it does. It also has support for on-the-fly overclocking, and i think abits lcd thingy.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

Well i ordered the AV8-3rd Eye alond with a Winchester 3500+ on Thursday, and when i get them, i'm gonna refuse delivery of them.

According to what i've read on the Abit website, the AV8 has some very serious problems, including - but not limited to:

Seriously incorrect temperature readings which change with reboots.
Incompatability with all Antec PSU's and many other PSU's!!!
Incompatability with the Winchester on everything apart from the latest bios.
Problems running under Windows 2000
Problems getting the board to go over 220fsb
Many reporting that they get 'signal out of range' when setting up the 4in1 drivers.

This has to be the biggest pile of poop Abit has ever released.
Check out their forum: http://forum.abit-usa.com/forumdispl...?s=&forumid=49

I've got one of these and it hasn't proved too bad. The temperature seems a little high...... 52c with an asus star ice cooler. Maybe the latest bios update will fix this. I also have an MSI Neo2 platinum which was more troublesome. The 939 motherboards need a little time to mature maybe the new boards from Nvidia and ATI will prove more stable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
I have the MSI K8N Neo2 Plat and it has worked out well for me. I have oc'd my 3000+ AMD64 939 proc to 3600+ levels with temps from the upper 30's to the very low 50's when it is really hot in our house and I am gaming. I have however heard that others have had problems witht he Neo2. It was my first OC and I just followed the posts and guides from this site. The biggest part was dropping the HT mult for me to 4X in addition to raising the voltage on the ram and proc a bit and lowering (increasing in value) the mem timings. People rave about the DFI boards here, but I have not used them.

Quote:


Originally Posted by RADCOM

I've got one of these and it hasn't proved too bad. The temperature seems a little high...... 52c with an asus star ice cooler. Maybe the latest bios update will fix this. I also have an MSI Neo2 platinum which was more troublesome. The 939 motherboards need a little time to mature maybe the new boards from Nvidia and ATI will prove more stable.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

Indeed it does. It also has support for on-the-fly overclocking, and i think abits lcd thingy.

heyyyy, i ordered the one i was gettin originally, the is7. i rmaed it back and went with teh AI7, it proves that it had free shipping for 94, and 87+6 shipping for the is7, it evens out. so i'm going with that..woohooo
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:


Originally Posted by atvkid1090

heyyyy, i ordered the one i was gettin originally, the is7. i rmaed it back and went with teh AI7, it proves that it had free shipping for 94, and 87+6 shipping for the is7, it evens out. so i'm going with that..woohooo

good choice. From what i read about the board, u won't be dissapointed
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
cool. thanks. i got the case today adn my tower 112 hs. its wicked heavy! the bottom of it (where the proc meets it) is slightly scratched, but shouldn't be a problem. the case is MASSIVE! it's so huge, so it should carry a lot of air. it's got 5 fans pre-installed... gonna write a review on it soon as i get my mobo and set up everything. thanks everyone!
Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

good choice. From what i read about the board, u won't be dissapointed

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:


Originally Posted by atvkid1090

cool. thanks. i got the case today adn my tower 112 hs. its wicked heavy! the bottom of it (where the proc meets it) is slightly scratched, but shouldn't be a problem. the case is MASSIVE! it's so huge, so it should carry a lot of air. it's got 5 fans pre-installed... gonna write a review on it soon as i get my mobo and set up everything. thanks everyone!

Let me know how you get on with the installing of that tower 112, i am torn between the tower 112, the xp-120 and the hyper6
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
def dont go for the hyper. it's a pos compared to the rest of them. the tower 112 seems like it'll be heavy, so i'm already fabbing up a bracket to support it, just because i don't want to chance the mobo breaking after i paid all that money. it seems like it'll be heavy, but if it's supported, i see no reason why not to go with it.

Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

Let me know how you get on with the installing of that tower 112, i am torn between the tower 112, the xp-120 and the hyper6

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:


Originally Posted by atvkid1090

def dont go for the hyper. it's a pos compared to the rest of them. the tower 112 seems like it'll be heavy, so i'm already fabbing up a bracket to support it, just because i don't want to chance the mobo breaking after i paid all that money. it seems like it'll be heavy, but if it's supported, i see no reason why not to go with it.

The Tower 112 could do with some kind of strut braces that hook it on to the underside of your PSU or something.

Anyways, let me know how you managed to support all that weight
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
ok. havent hooked it up yet, i'm still waiting on my AI7...newegg RMA gets tehre tomorow, then processs until monday, credit -> card and then i can order the AI7 adn 2 tornados to go w/ the tower, and then my VGA cooler. oh, you can't do a strut onto the psu, it sticks out too far to put a bracket onto the psu, but you might be able to do it onto the top of the case...
Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

The Tower 112 could do with some kind of strut braces that hook it on to the underside of your PSU or something.

well, i'm a lucky guy.. the thermaltake xaser V case that i have has got a support bracket that runs the length of the case, perfect for a zip-tie support...

Anyways, let me know how you managed to support all that weight

 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top