Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics to sum up my love for abit! This is all on the stock intel hsf, and about 6 fans about the case...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got her running at 3.7 now, still pushing away haha. Here are a few more pics, just aquamark with my new score and the cpu speed i did it at. Im probabbly gonna stick to 3.68, seems the most stable and keeps it out of the 50's (oC). Stock i was getting about 39,000 on the old ecs motherboard, overcloced to 3.2 on that ecs i got 44,000, now ive got 51,000, not too shabby. Im not running mac, just mac interface through windowblinds. I even have the little scroll bar that macs have at the bottom (ObjectDock) but ive got it closed right now. One question is i have the option to up the agp voltage, should i do that? How safe would you say is ok. I think stock its 1.5, then 1.55 and 1.6 are options. I will be able to oc a bit more out of the gpu im guessing if i do that. My cpu voltage is actually pretty low, how high voltage do you think my prescott can go? On air remember!!!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silum

got her running at 3.7 now, still pushing away haha. Here are a few more pics, just aquamark with my new score and the cpu speed i did it at. Im probabbly gonna stick to 3.68, seems the most stable and keeps it out of the 50's (oC). Stock i was getting about 39,000 on the old ecs motherboard, overcloced to 3.2 on that ecs i got 44,000, now ive got 51,000, not too shabby. Im not running mac, just mac interface through windowblinds. I even have the little scroll bar that macs have at the bottom (ObjectDock) but ive got it closed right now. One question is i have the option to up the agp voltage, should i do that? How safe would you say is ok. I think stock its 1.5, then 1.55 and 1.6 are options. I will be able to oc a bit more out of the gpu im guessing if i do that. My cpu voltage is actually pretty low, how high voltage do you think my prescott can go? On air remember!!!

lol...thats the same score i got in aquamark with a 3.2 nw pro on a ic7-g and 9800xt....i pushed it to 3.5ghz and i got 53581!!!! then oced my videocard a bit and got 54,342, so its all good. ANYWAYS....i think you can up the voltage 1 notch or so, and youll be able to put it another 50-100mhz or so. if u up the videocard voltage, u can put it to about 1.6 without hurting it, and you will definatly get larger clocks and better scores

btw...that is 1 sweet OC man...i got 3.7ghz with very cooool water cooling, so ure getting very good luck

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoAffinity

1.525v max, or 60C load temps, whichever comes first.

whats the best way to test load temps? Am i going to seriously hinder the life expectency by running it that high too?

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
It's hard to say for sure, but I've been running my 3.2E for six months now, at ~1.49v (it doesn't seem to like anything higher), just broke a pin off
and it's still running strong. It's hard to say how life expectancy is affected by voltage...to the best of my knowledge there is absolutely no reference for this...but I would say, as long as you don't plan on keeping it more than a year you should be all right.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm, well i think ill lower it back down again, ill prbabbly upgrade in the future but i at least want the option of keeping it lol, 3.6 should do me fine, heres another pic just for kicks, 3.76Ghz, not bad on air haha

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

It's hard to say for sure, but I've been running my 3.2E for six months now, at ~1.49v (it doesn't seem to like anything higher), just broke a pin off
and it's still running strong. It's hard to say how life expectancy is affected by voltage...to the best of my knowledge there is absolutely no reference for this...but I would say, as long as you don't plan on keeping it more than a year you should be all right.

Oh my god.....you broke a pin?!?!?! HTF does it still work!!

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Quote:

would ripping a movie with dvdshrink be considered "under load". Its using 100% cpu the whole time anyway

If cpu utilization is 100%, then that would be a good test of CPU stressing.

^Dunno, but it does...and with absolutely no noticeable problems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

^Dunno, but it does...and with absolutely no noticeable problems.

477 Pin huh, crazyness! cant believe it still works!

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
i've looked around on the forums, and all i've seen as far as life expectancy is that if you can keep it cool, with a high voltage, then it should run fine. just remember that cool is very cool, and even then, it'll probably be shot eventually because of teh extra electricity flowing through those pins that the pins aren't designed to take, at least under an extended period of time

·
Registered
840 Posts
God, by reading this thread I think I was killing my 3.2E. I was using 1.56v to keep it stable at 3700Mhz 1:1 ratio with 3-3-3 timings. It was under 50ºC though under load.
Sorry for hijacking, nice OC Silum.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

477 Pin huh, crazyness! cant believe it still works!

I broke 3 pins off my old 2.4C, and it still worked flawlessy
I don't know, weird wild stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts