Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Abit IC7-G supposed to be a good oc'ing motherboard? It works very good but i wanted to know if anyone else had it or has it .

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by comrad

Is the Abit IC7-G supposed to be a good oc'ing motherboard? It works very good but i wanted to know if anyone else had it or has it .

I have it, but do not currently OC, however I have heard that it is very good.

·
Banned
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats what i thought because it performs really good. I just thought maybe i think its good but really it is not good, nevermind.lol

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
i also have it, ive OCed my 3.2c to about 3.7 on it...but i didnt try very hard. if i tried to get higher i could, and the IC7-G would not be the bottleneck

·
Registered
299 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by comrad
Abit boards are great for OCing, if you are planning on buying it y not go for $20 more for the IC7 Max3 basically same but you get the latest technology in mobo inbuilt cooling check it out.

http://www.ocprices.com/index.php?re...iews&cat_id=74

any questions don thesitate to ask

·
Banned
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i wanted the max 3 but frys dod not have. And i hate frys, i bought my pc 1.5 years ago and they have given me the worst customer service.

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwEaK_MoNkeY
Abit boards are great for OCing, if you are planning on buying it y not go for $20 more for the IC7 Max3 basically same but you get the latest technology in mobo inbuilt cooling check it out.

http://www.ocprices.com/index.php?re...iews&cat_id=74

any questions don thesitate to ask
I am too concidering buying an abit ic-7 mobo but i first ned the money as well as a new case but do you know of any places that sell the max3 mobo? One question on it is i do believe it has pci/agp lock the basic one ic-7 correct? And i was also found this mobottp://shop4.outpost.com/product/3849...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG what would you say in comparsion which one is better for ocing?

·
Registered
386 Posts
yup the ic-7 is a great choice heard lots of good stuff about it on overclocking a rock hard stabilty

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
The IC7 series is one of the best (only rivaled by Asus P4C800 series and DFI 875Pro series) for s478 overclocking. My last IC7 supported up to 270 mhz FSB, non-modded.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
i also have it, ive OCed my 3.2c to about 3.7 on it...but i didnt try very hard. if i tried to get higher i could, and the IC7-G would not be the bottleneck
I don't get it.. The 3.0's, and above cost a ton, and they don't overclock very good (prescott). I went and bought a 2.4AE (prescott) and I'm owning your OC' with only air cooling? Whats the deal? Is it the Internal clock that makes the huge difference?

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Intel performance = higher bus speeds. A 800 mhz FSB 2.4 at stock will outperform a 533 mhz FSB 2.4. Then, of course, there's also HTT on the 800 mhz FSB P4's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts