Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been tracking down this board for a while now but, I cant find one for less than 150 or better. Is this board really worth it? I know there are other boards avilible but I want an 875P chipset b/c of the 3.2EE compatibility ( All 865 sets are not compatible but Perl I believe). Any recomendations? Is there really a big difference between the Max2 and Max3 other than the cooling? I could get the Max 2 or IC7-G chaeper if they hold up to the rigours of overclocking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,064 Posts
Well, you'll have a hell of a time finding the IC7 MAX3, because its discontinued lol. as for the max2, I'm not sure. The normal IC7-G is still in production, so I'd see if you could find one.

I have been on the lookout for one myself, because as far as s478 boards go, the ic7-max3 is the best of the best.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,952 Posts
Dam, about a week ago, I sold my IC7-Max3 with a droop mod for 100bux (to a noob on ebay). They are definitly worth it, I would highly suggest buying one, though your going to have to fork out the dough, because they are the best OCers for s478 and sold for 200 retail not too long ago. You could grab an Asus P4C board, but they cost more than the IC7 and are rare too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
I would just go with the IC7 or IC7-G. Then just put some heatsinks on the power mosfets and you basically have a Max 3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by wowza

Dam, about a week ago, I sold my IC7-Max3 with a droop mod for 100bux (to a noob on ebay). They are definitly worth it, I would highly suggest buying one, though your going to have to fork out the dough, because they are the best OCers for s478 and sold for 200 retail not too long ago. You could grab an Asus P4C board, but they cost more than the IC7 and are rare too.

I tried to contact you but you about that board but you had just listed it,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Lando95

I would just go with the IC7 or IC7-G. Then just put some heatsinks on the power mosfets and you basically have a Max 3.

Don't forget that the MAX 3 allows for higher Ram Voltage also. The Max 2 only goes up to 2.8 volts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are there any other baords that compare to the MAX3?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,952 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by nytevizion

Don't forget that the MAX 3 allows for higher Ram Voltage also. The Max 2 only goes up to 2.8 volts.

True, but not really.. The max the max3 board will bring is around 2.9v, anything above that, your gonna need a volt mod for (fairly common and simple). Besides, I can't imagine someone trying to run some BH5 on this board.

@dsddcd, Yes, there are other options, The DFI 875P board is really a great OCer. There are 2 revs for that board, the A and the B, get the B, better for prescotts than the A. (more common too) Also, Gigabyte makes a 875P board, suppost to be one of the more common 875P boards (= cheaper price) but the OC features can be iffy... That's really about it, the Canterwood chipset didn't really hit the enthuiasts eye at the time at release which is a bummer, but they are sill available. Ebay is about your best location, the retail stores will just overprice the boards due to the rarity of them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by nytevizion

Don't forget that the MAX 3 allows for higher Ram Voltage also. The Max 2 only goes up to 2.8 volts.

As Wowza said, volt mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the only DFI 875P board I could find was a 775 socket in their Lan Party Line. If there is another I would love to check it out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,952 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dsddcd

the only DFI 875P board I could find was a 775 socket in their Lan Party Line. If there is another I would love to check it out.

Hum, yea they don't make the 875P s478 board anymore, and they are super rare..
Get this Gigabyte 875P board or this Asus P4C800 Board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dsddcd
View Post

I have been tracking down this board for a while now but, I cant find one for less than 150 or better. Is this board really worth it? I know there are other boards avilible but I want an 875P chipset b/c of the 3.2EE compatibility ( All 865 sets are not compatible but Perl I believe). Any recomendations? Is there really a big difference between the Max2 and Max3 other than the cooling? I could get the Max 2 or IC7-G chaeper if they hold up to the rigours of overclocking.


You Can Still Get This Motherboard At tamayatech.com
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top