Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wand to build my rig but dont know which board is better the DFI "LANPARTY NFII ULTRA B" or the Abit NF7 V2. Im am gonna go with the AMD athlon moblie 2600+ for the cpu, if i can find one with an I steping. can anyone tell me where to find one, the 2500+ will do as well.

thanks

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
for oc;in that particular processor get a nf7-s v2.0 it has all the functions you need for monstor OC's i had mine running @ 2709Mhz (equiv 3940 +) using a SLk900/92mm Vantec Stealth B4 i moved to this overheated university accomodation now i get round 2625 stable , get that mobo and a GOOD cooler (si-97 and the panaflow)
all should b gr8

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Not many places are selling guaranteed I-stepping...but SVC.com typically has a plethora of mobiles in stock (2400-2600's)

I'd say go with the DFI Ultra Infinity, doesnt cost as much as the lanparty, and has all the bells and whistles...

the NF7-s2 is also excellent.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421
I'd say go with the DFI Ultra Infinity, doesnt cost as much as the lanparty, and has all the bells and whistles...
I agree with Xavier, if you have the cash, get the DFI Ultra Infinity. Otherwise, get the Abit NF7-S v2.0 (NOTE - make sure its the v2.0 version).

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Either board your not going to be dissapointed.

I prefer DFI myself since I had 2 NF7-S V2.0 which I put in a PC I was building for a mate and both went BANG

Probabley my bad luck so I have stuck with DFI in my own RIGS... I dont mind the extra money spent because I know I am getting a decent product that is supported well by DFI and supported even better by DFI users at DFI Street.

Another bonus is some of the guys work for DFI so you get first hand technical experiance from them.

I have not seen this with the Abit boards.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Same as everyone else...although an Intel guy, I had the same decision, Abit (AI7) or DFI. Since I was looking at $60 difference and this is my first OC I went for the Abit and have had no problems. The uGuru feature quite honestly is still buggy so I just don't bother with it. I run MBM5 and do everything through BIOS...XP boots so fast it's not a big deal.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
I had the nf7-s v2 and I've also messed with friends computer that has a dfi. His computer didnt overclock much higher than my old xp-mobile setup but he was able to get alot higher FSB, without having to do any mods while my Abit Nf7-s got buggy around 225fsb.

I was sitting @ 212FSBx12, while he is doing 240FSBx11. Both are great boards, and I doubt you'd be dissapointed if you go with either one.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

I had the nf7-s v2 and I've also messed with friends computer that has a dfi. His computer didnt overclock much higher than my old xp-mobile setup but he was able to get alot higher FSB, without having to do any mods while my Abit Nf7-s got buggy around 225fsb.

I was sitting @ 212FSBx12, while he is doing 240FSBx11. Both are great boards, and I doubt you'd be dissapointed if you go with either one.

yes you certinaly need to use a cracked bios or hardmod to get the most of the NF7-S tictacs Bios' rock for such purposes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts