Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650

Abit Ic7 Max3 or asus p4p800 e deluxe which is better?

well, either choice will be a great one. I like the Asus p4p800, but the IC7 is one hell of a motherboard.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Abit gets my vote!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote:

I have both. I like them for different reasons Ic7max3 gets a slight bit better oc and has better voltage selections, but the P4p800e-deluxe has the lock free and with the right cpu really boost overall system performance.

I read at abit forums under the bios section that abit is working on a bios to unlock all prescott processors not just a select few. If they do its Abit Ic7Max3 all the way

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Going of the posts on another uk based site www.over-clock.co.uk the consensus is that the Asus is the better of the two, but it is a close call.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think I'd have to say IC7-Max3, cause it's got a better chipset (875P canterwood vs. Asus' 865PE) and the Max3 is a legend for OCing

·
Banned
313 Posts
With Abit or Asus, you cant go wrong. Each company have comparable boards, but whatever you get you will be satisfied. I would say of the two, go for the IC7 Max3.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I vote for the Abit for its nice Canterwood chipset, im going to build a computer for my roomate's parents and thats the one I chose for it.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

I didn't read the question correctly, I was thinking about the P4c800e which is better. but I would pick the A-bit over the P4P800e.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts