Overclock.net banner

About samsung's RAPID mode !

583 views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  TwoCables 
#1 ·
Whats the catch with RAPID mode ? I see at non-paged pool 1.3gb after enabling rapid mode. Have a 850 evo 500g and 16gb ram ddr3.

Its a issue if i use RAPID mode ? I mean there are hidden writes with RAPID enabled overtime ? And RAPID can grab CPU performance too ?

#3 ·
Yeah, saw that. I think i can disable it, since i dont use autocad or similar stuff, since ppl say rapid mode kinda bumps the performance, only there.

Also regarding intel RST. I think due to my chipset (Z77) i cant install the latest intel RST. I know when i search for intel RST, i can see the .exe application and 2 more things. I can install the latest intel RST within device manager or some sort ? Or having the latest doesnt really help me at all..!?

I can install only 13.1 above this, can't. And i use a samsung 850 evo 500g (the specs arent updated). Using it on sata 3 port, getting the right speeds and all.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalinTM View Post

Yeah, saw that. I think i can disable it, since i dont use autocad or similar stuff, since ppl say rapid mode kinda bumps the performance, only there.

Also regarding intel RST. I think due to my chipset (Z77) i cant install the latest intel RST. I know when i search for intel RST, i can see the .exe application and 2 more things. I can install the latest intel RST within device manager or some sort ? Or having the latest doesnt really help me at all..!?
With RST, you want the version that was current when your chipset was still the latest chipset. There's no benefit to having the latest version other than supporting the next chipset (and providing the best performance for it).

Just use Station-Drivers.com: http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=select&id=269&lang=en

There's nothing wrong with using something that's old, especially if your hardware is old. Think about it: was the software or driver very new at the time your hardware was new? It's like you're stuck in time. ;)

#5 ·
Yeah, old chipset, almost the same in performance CPU (ivy bridge ~= haswell ~= skylake) at least in clock for clock
smile.gif
)

Hope zen doesnt screw up, intel really needs a smack in the face, since has monopoly for years and years. A i5 skylake costs like a i7 ivy bridge back in the day

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalinTM View Post

Seems i cant uninstall the driver. I've uninstalled RST from device manager, since now in as ssd shows as storahci, but i cant uninstall the application...

http://i.imgur.com/ERRdyAM.jpg
"There is a pending reboot for this product". So, reboot. Obviously? :)

You're doing this in a way that's far more complicated than it needs to be. You don't need to use Device Manager for this at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.