Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Uhmm a tough decision.:
* Same Panel
* 3 year warranty, both with similar policies. From reading alone it appears the Dell offers bright pixel warranty while the HP doesnt ???
* Stand's are both very sturdy, so I guess whichever looks better to you in this aspect.

Both seem to be identical however there are a few things that are puzzling me.
Power consumption and brightness.
The HP has lower brightness, yet higher "Typical" power consumption. The Dell has higher brightness, yet lower typical power consumption... Im afraid browsing through both's manual's I could not get any more information regarding this power consumption/brightness difference. I couldn't find any information regarding HP's pixel policy either.

To be honest go with which ever is cheaper.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Does the HP monitor have a pivotable stand? The Dell does. I have two U2311s and I love them, so hopefully the same can be said about the 22" version.

Btw, can you not stretch a bit and go for the U2311?

*Edit: if you wait a bit, Dell frequently gives out 20 - 25% off coupons for these monitors. I got both of mine for around $250 (each) after shipping and tax.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info!

I like the design of the Dell's stand a lot better, so if they are the same, I'll go with the Dell.

I like the U2211H because it's exactly the same specs as the U2311H, but 1/5 inches smaller, and cheaper, but I'll be on the lookout for coupons for it, thanks.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
HP's stand is equal to that of Dell's. It has pivot, swivel, rotate, and height adjustment.

I got my U2211H over the U2311H for the slightly better dot pitch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts