Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order thermal grease.

not sure which to get.. I want the BEST there is, i don't care how much it is.. (maybe a bit..)

It has to be from newegg.
I was thinking about OCZ freeze, but what do you guys think is the best? Is that the best?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
They are all so similar that it doesn't matter, any top shelf tim works fine. If you want the best and money is no issue goto your local jeweler and get diamond dust to mix in.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I would suggest Arctic Silver 5.... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835100007
Google the product to find the instructions for using it... you only use a tiny bit....

The shin etsu is good as well i would think.... i repair servers and they send a syringe of shin etsu (just enough for 1 application). If it will work on a server that is up 24/7, then i would think it would be fine on a overclocked cpu....that is what i use on mine (since i have extras). Not sure if it is the exact same stuff but same manufacturer....

·
Banned
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAMD_Fan
View Post

I would suggest Arctic Silver 5.... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835100007
Google the product to find the instructions for using it... you only use a tiny bit....

The shin etsu is good as well i would think.... i repair servers and they send a syringe of shin etsu (just enough for 1 application). If it will work on a server that is up 24/7, then i would think it would be fine on a overclocked cpu....that is what i use on mine (since i have extras). Not sure if it is the exact same stuff but same manufacturer....

Shin ETSU it is!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FSF-Foxhound
View Post

AS5 isn't good at all o edit lol

Go with the Shin Etsu!

EDIT: Ok mr edit! LOL ... I will edit too...

·
Banned
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAMD_Fan
View Post

It's not???? Don't know about that... back in the day the AS3 was the shizzle... i have used AS3 as well as the shin etsu and never had any problems. You are splitting hairs here... talking about what 1 or 2 degrees?

EDIT: Ok mr edit! LOL ... I will edit too...

hehe

I don't like AS5, i think its a waste, because OCZ freeze seems to be much better and isn't much more expensive.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FSF-Foxhound
View Post

hehe

I don't like AS5, i think its a waste, because OCZ freeze seems to be much better and isn't much more expensive.

Fair enough... I edited that response out anyway because you edited yours out.... so happy Shin Etsu-ing!

·
Banned
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How about Prolimatechs PK-1 Nano, it has a thermal conductivity of 10W/-m C?

dumb question, but isn't a higher thermal conductivity better

1 - 14 of 14 Posts