Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folding computer, already have case and a GTX 295
smile.gif
. So tell me, YA or NAY
PSU is so large becuase i do plan on adding a 480 and another card down the road, so a total of 3 very power sucking cards, maybe a 460 or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide;11978072
Hello from Texas!

I say yay! Especially for the over kill power supply! Do you plan to get another 295 later on?
Plan on adding my current 480(whenever i upgrade) and possibleyanother something something soon down the road.
Ayyy from Tejas!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
at first i couldnt understand why you chose a 1,000 watt psu...
then i saw the video card. lol.

Not only are you helping find a cure, youre also donating to the local utility company
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmo5050;11978100
at first i couldnt understand why you chose a 1,000 watt psu...
then i saw the video card. lol.

Not only are you helping find a cure, youre also donating to the local utility company
tongue.gif
Dont forget the economy either, doin my part! (as a kid)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD SLI guru;11978492
yo from austin!
biggrin.gif


if you consider the 480, then you should look at GTX570. it's a little bit easier on wattage that the GTX 480
biggrin.gif
I already have the 480 though
smile.gif
. Its only when i upgrade im going to keep my 480 and put it in there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by codejunki;11978048
Folding computer, already have case and a GTX 295
smile.gif
. So tell me, YA or NAY
PSU is so large becuase i do plan on adding a 480 and another card down the road, so a total of 3 very power sucking cards, maybe a 460 or something?
a rosewill PSU aren't those bad? might just blow up go with a quality psu like corsair seasonic or something along the lines of that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by labbu63;11978547
a rosewill PSU aren't those bad? might just blow up go with a quality psu like corsair seasonic or something along the lines of that
Ive always heard good things about Rosewills, never heard anything terrible
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens;11978984
doesnt it seem like $55 is a lot of money for a 7200rpm 160gb mechanical HDD these days?

Heres one Bigger and cheaper and shipped free

Shoot i Paid a few dollars less then that 160GB for a 1TB F3

This Tuniq Ripper 1000w for $69 after rebate is one of our rated top PSU's at this wattage
eek.gif
Amazing! Thank you so much for saving me like 140$. Thank gosh im pulling the trigger tomorow night, still should of done more research on the PSU's as i have no knowledge about those. I was gonna get a 160$ antec PSU then you came along!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by zelix
View Post

honestly doubt rosewill is a good choice for a dedicated folding rig, something corsair or similar should be chosen.

Getting th Tuniq ripper 1k watt. Scored higher on OCN's PSU chart
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by codejunki;11979228
eek.gif
Amazing! Thank you so much for saving me like 140$. Thank gosh im pulling the trigger tomorow night, still should of done more research on the PSU's as i have no knowledge about those. I was gonna get a 160$ antec PSU then you came along!
Happy to help my friend.
wink.gif
Admittedly I'm no PSU guru either but luckily we have a few of those on OCN already.
wink.gif


All i did was find the deal!

Also any reason why your buying a retail boxed CPU and an aftermarket cooler? Could go OEM and save a few bucks.

OR even better just unlock a sempron and save another couple dollars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD SLI guru;11989931
congrats! let us know how it goes!
biggrin.gif
As soon as i get it up and running ill be posting pics+folding on the 295 because its get more PPD than my 480, ill still fold with both but my 295 for the Big Bang Theorists (my team)
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top