Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhh! My mouse is going crazy! Not sure where to put this, since I'm not really sure what the problem is, could be vista, who knows. Anyway, a couple days ago my mouse started to randomly jump to a different spot on the screen. I put up with it because it didn't happen that often. But today is unbearable.

Eek. while i was typing this I got a BSOD...(thanks you firefox with your restoration option when firefox closes, or I'd have to type this all again)

I'll continue. The mouse constantly moves to random points on the screen, some times it moves to a program and comes up with the right click menu(close, minimize, etc.) One time the windows+tab screen came up(the shuffling of windows thing) Sometimes when browing the internet(IE and firefox) it would randomly send me back a page. I have an intellimouse 1.1 A, it has two side buttons that are used to go back and forth on web browsers.

it seems to get worse and worse the longer I have the computer on....Any thoughts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

my mouse is a USB mouse and it came with a green thing to plug into, and then that green thing is plugged into the back directly into the mobo. I decided to try and just plug it in a USB port and it seems to be working fine...*shrugs*

Hmm, still doesn't explain the BSOD, or the Aero thing...

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
What are you saying? The mouse is causing you to have BSODs and stuff? The green thing is the PS/2 connector and USB is USB. They have separate drivers, so if both are not working, then maybe you have a defective mouse. I'm not sure that it would cause BSODs though. You might wanna try dling the driver off the MS website for your mouse.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly Idk what caused the BSOD, but the crazy behavior of the mouse has stopped once I plugged it into a USB port. It kind of acted like it was being controlled by someone else lol. Oh well, it seems to be gone...for now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
sounds like your ps/2 port is starting to go out, or something of that nature.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE
View Post

Sounds as if your USB drivers are funky or the USB polling rate has gone funky also.

I don't see how if it works fine using just USB, it was probably the PS/2 Adapter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts