Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
The Intel Pentium Dual Core E3200 has been sighted on the Intel processor finder. This is usually a valid sign of things to come.
Understandably, there is no concrete information yet about release dates and pricing. Seeing as though the E5*** Series came to replace the E2*** Series, we can safely assume that the E3*** Series of CPUs, which are 45nm, will come in to replace the dual core Celerons (E1***) that have been out for some time now......
cheap cheap !!

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/?p=3948

• Rep+
Reactions: Aaroman

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I just saw the E5200 for $57. So this must be $30-40 ?

Probably good for a cheap system for mom and dad. If its anything like the E1xxx series, it will likely OC fairly well too.

·
Registered
695 Posts
nutty, not likely that it will be that cheap. MSRP on the e5200 is more like $73 IIRC. $57 would be one heck of a discount and its not likely that the new chip will be discounted all that much, especially when its first introduced. I'd expect it to be between 55-60 if I had to guess.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
nutty, not likely that it will be that cheap. MSRP on the e5200 is more like $73 IIRC. $57 would be one heck of a discount and its not likely that the new chip will be discounted all that much, especially when its first introduced. I'd expect it to be between 55-60 if I had to guess.
Ya, I see that the E1200 is on newegg for $47, so your guess is probably pretty close.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_milk_man View Post
The only thing I noticed is that in the article it suggested that this bad boy had either a TWELVE or THIRTEEN X multiplier
!!!
But theres a high chance that Mr Gates is gonna sell these and show off the uber looking clocks but in reality they are pants.

But we shall see.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
1mb of cache... really kills the performance. If they could put 2mb on there it would be a Great budget cpu.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon6199 View Post
Intel makes these chips... not Microsoft
ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
1mb of cache... really kills the performance. If they could put 2mb on there it would be a Great budget cpu.
and that's... the e5200.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SLeeZeY View Post
But theres a high chance that Mr Gates is gonna sell these and show off the uber looking clocks but in reality they are pants.

But we shall see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon6199 View Post
Intel makes these chips... not Microsoft
Haha
, it should be Mr moore

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The E5200 should be first budget choice if you consider any gaming, but for a low powered budget family pc these are gonna be fantastic!

And very Overclockable

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow just by looking at it right now I think I will use this for my next budget build, but of course I'm going to wait and see what kind of results other people get first =D

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
I can sense a monster overclocker

1 - 20 of 29 Posts