Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

We got access to some of the launch material for the upcoming Motorola Droid X. One main thing to note from this is that Verizon lists the CPU as OMAP 3630 1 GHz. There has been discussion in the community as to why the 1 GHz CPU used on the Droid X is called OMAP 3630 when Wikipedia lists the OMAP 3630 running at 720 MHz. It is very generous of Motorola to include 8 GB of internal memory on the phone plus a 16GB microSD card which provides a total shipping memory capacity of 22GB on the phone.

Feast your eyes on the images below.

SOURCE

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by savagebunny
View Post

Mmmm... I want this phone.

Going to have to wait a while till I get a nice money flow

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn
View Post

Mmmm... I want this phone too.

Going to have to wait a while till it comes out.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Mmmm... I don't want this phone. Going to have to wait until a good keyboard slider version comes out (Droid 2, although Droid 3 will most likely be the "sweet spot").

·
Registered
475 Posts
this phone would be money with a droid 1 style slide out keyboard. with the big screen it would be perfect for the emulators and otherstuff.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
i want a gsm 4.3inch android phone plz...........

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by turkmenbashi View Post
this phone would be money with a droid 1 style slide out keyboard. with the big screen it would be perfect for the emulators and otherstuff.
Yeah, but it wouldn't be perfect for your pocket.
People seem to fail to think about that...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassdoken View Post
Yeah, but it wouldn't be perfect for your pocket.
People seem to fail to think about that...
Sure it would, at least, so long as you don't have some girl-pants on. Those pockets might not work all that well. But my jeans would easily stuff two of them, if not three. In all honestly, I'd sew special pockets onto my pants just to have exactly that. Of course, I'm just glad that my pant pockets aren't small. Good luck with those micropockets.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
I'm still seeing if the iPhone 4 can pull out of this whole "lost signal" debacle soon; I'm in charge of deciding what company my entire family will be on in a month or so, and while my sister likes the new iPhone, I'd prefer sticking w/ Verizon and getting the Droid X.

Guess we'll see what fix Apple has come Monday.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/27/...ue-stay-tuned/

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
With these 4.3 inch phone threads I keep seeing everyone talk about putting it in their pocket. Do you guys really put your touchscreen smartphone in your pocket?! That crazy talk, lol! If I kept my phone in my pocket the screen, not to mention the rest of the phone, would get all scratched, and lint covered etc. Has no one heard of a holster case? I keep my Touch Pro on my belt in a simple case with a quiet velcro flap closure, need my phone, just reach down and open the flap and haul it out. Phone at easy reach, not getting damaged or dirty. Pocket, HA!

·
I TeK things...
17,433 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
With these 4.3 inch phone threads I keep seeing everyone talk about putting it in their pocket. Do you guys really put your touchscreen smartphone in your pocket?! That crazy talk, lol! If I kept my phone in my pocket the screen, not to mention the rest of the phone, would get all scratched, and lint covered etc. Has no one heard of a holster case? I keep my Touch Pro on my belt in a simple case with a quiet velcro flap closure, need my phone, just reach down and open the flap and haul it out. Phone at easy reach, not getting damaged or dirty. Pocket, HA!
People are getting too cheap to buy accessories to keep their $600+ smartphone safe, IMO a very dumb move.

I am with you. I have been using a Shell/holster combo on my Moto Droid for a while now and will not go back to not using one. I fully intend on getting the accessory bundle when I upgrade to either the Droid X or Droid 2.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
Usually the phone comes with some form of a cover to stop the scratching from happening. A sock or something similar. I for one cant stand my phone on my waist, the holsters are always bulky and uncomfortable, also something I have to deal with rather than slip it in my pocket.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrazeau1115
View Post

Usually the phone comes with some form of a cover to stop the scratching from happening. A sock or something similar. I for one cant stand my phone on my waist, the holsters are always bulky and uncomfortable, also something I have to deal with rather than slip it in my pocket.

Agreed, I stick my Nexus in my pocket all the time never any lint dust or scratches but i make sure to keep my keys in another pocket. A Cellphone holster for the waist is a pain it always seems to snag on something ripping it off and it also gets in the way of my firearm.

·
I TeK things...
17,433 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Incorrect. The phone only comes with a AC charger, that is it. I say purchase the "Best Value" bundle that VZW offers. It offers the best discount to you when you purchase it. Screen protectors run about $12.99, so don't be cheap, get a pack and save yourself the headache of looking at your phone with a huge scratch.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedevil
View Post

Incorrect. The phone only comes with a AC charger, that is it. I say purchase the "Best Value" bundle that VZW offers. It offers the best discount to you when you purchase it. Screen protectors run about $12.99, so don't be cheap, get a pack and save yourself the headache of looking at your phone with a huge scratch.

Umm... my friends Nexus One came with a soft holder that the phone slips into and then its protected so you can put it in your pocket. If this phone doesnt come with one then that sucks, but I wasnt even talking about this phone specificly, just responding to the fact that the poster I quoted didnt think that phones in pockets where a good idea.

·
I TeK things...
17,433 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Umm... my friends Nexus One came with a soft holder that the phone slips into and then its protected so you can put it in your pocket. If this phone doesnt come with one then that sucks, but I wasnt even talking about this phone specificly, just responding to the fact that the poster I quoted didnt think that phones in pockets where a good idea.

And I am telling you it doesn't come with one.

But anyways, put phones where you like, but the poster is right. What else do you put in your pockets? Keys? Coins? That's what I put in my pockets, so a holster is a better idea for me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts