Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

One thing that has been lacking in the Motorola DROID is the inability to pinch and zoom while browsing. As it stands right now, you can either zoom the ‘+’ ‘-‘ buttons on the screen to zoom in or out or double tap to zoom. A recent update to the Dolphin Browser brings multi touch browsing to the DROID. Specifically the version 1.2.9 of this browser introduces this functionality.

Below is the change log, and a video demonstrating the pinch and zoom browsing. Although the effect is still choppy, but it is a good start none the less.

SOURCE

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Nice!

Only a matter of time until it's added to the stock browser in an OTA update.

I LOVE this phone... still as much today as I did on day one. TBH I haven't had a single problem with mine.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wow, this is awesome. I hadn't considered downloading a different browser app but now I will. And I as well have been loving my droid since day one. One complaint - haven't found an app to display texts on the lock screen like the iPhone, but that's pretty minor.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkhawk1591
View Post

Wow, this is awesome. I hadn't considered downloading a different browser app but now I will. And I as well have been loving my droid since day one. One complaint - haven't found an app to display texts on the lock screen like the iPhone, but that's pretty minor.

That will come along, WinMo has had this sort of thing for ages but only because it's been around for ages. I like the droid and hear good things about it, but I won't be getting it simply because I know the HTC HD2 (aka Leo) is around the corner and will top anything in the smartphone market, at least for a couple months, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro
View Post

That will come along, WinMo has had this sort of thing for ages but only because it's been around for ages. I like the droid and hear good things about it, but I won't be getting it simply because I know the HTC HD2 (aka Leo) is around the corner and will top anything in the smartphone market, at least for a couple months, lol.

Its been out for a while now....
http://www.htc.com/www/product/hd2/overview.html
http://www.google.com/products?q=HTC+HD2&hl=en&aq=f

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
You haven't been keeping up with the HD2 have you, its been out in the UK for about a week now and all ive seen is reports of terrible battery life, as well as other faults - however there are some people who say they dont have a problem with it, but the majority ive seen arent happy.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Yeah, I meant CDMA in the US in Q1. Battery life always sucks in a smartphone so until I see a good comparison between iPhone and HD2 I'll hold judgment on that. In fact, battery life on the Touch Pro with a stock ROM sucks, but custom ROMs or just plain registry tweaks can improve battery life greatly. My TP stock got maybe 6-8 hours with no net usage, now with custom ROM, my TP can go for more than three days with no net use, probably longer as I've never gone more than three days without using the net, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts