Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOURCE

Quote:

With a year since the release of HD 4870 and the arrival of new generation of video cards shortly, you would expect custom designs from manufacturers to be done with. But ASUS is planning another design for the Radeon HD 4870 featuring the 5.8oz Copper Rod Glaciator+ cooler.

Asus EAH4870/HTDI/1GD5 should be on sale soon, no word on the price though.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Why don't they focus on custom 4890's? It would make more sense.....

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by STN71190
View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by zomgiwin
View Post

oh lawd.
why not with the 4890 i wonder? lol

I think AMD is kind of strict with custom PCBs.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Maybe I can RMA my ASUS DK 4870 for one of those...these freakin DK cooler idles around 50c load 80c in a Cosmos S.

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by STN71190
View Post

what if it can do 4890 clocks for a price of $140?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gallocs
View Post

When can we expect to see a 4890x2 and not just another hsf combination on aging technology?

Well, I doubt anyone will release a 4890 X2 because of the economy, and the looming launch of the 58xx series. Not to mention that the 4870 X2 gets pretty close to the GTX 295, and sometimes surpasses it.

But, we can dream, though. Mmm...a 4890 X2 overclocked to 1ghz. I'd love to see the performance numbers. Maybe then, Nvidia will release a new card that's made out of two GTX 285s, like the ASUS MARS, but hopefully single-pcb.

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazcookye
View Post

Maybe I can RMA my ASUS DK 4870 for one of those...these freakin DK cooler idles around 50c load 80c in a Cosmos S.

Sounds like you need to take the fan off, clean the dust, and apply new thermal paste on. 'Cause when I had my ASUS 4870 DK, it idled at 46c.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
asus is yet again, contradicting themsleves with the "more copper = no help" theory, gigabyte has already done this on their cards, the ultra durable gfx, now asus is on it. sad asus..sad..and that.."race car" theory cooler..cmon man..cant come up with something that looked even a bit more uglier? they failed.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
yeah, but the copper in a cooler counts, the mobo thing was about temp dissipation and longevity

1 - 16 of 16 Posts