Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the cons of this mouse? I remember there was a low PCS issue but that was fixed by some hotfix, is there anything else I need to know before buying it?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've heard reports of 1000Hz not being 'stable', can anyone who owns this mouse comment? Can you get 1000Hz without synapse? I am actually considering picking one up because they are quite cheap.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by povohat View Post

I've heard reports of 1000Hz not being 'stable', can anyone who owns this mouse comment? Can you get 1000Hz without synapse? I am actually considering picking one up because they are quite cheap.
I will try it together with G302 and Func MS-2 some day. Will give you my thought about it. AFAIK you are stuck with 1800 DPI and 500Hz without Synapse however.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

You will have to install Synapse, set to 500 or 125hz and then uninstall. The mouse will remember the polling rate.

However, it won't remember your CPI setting. This means you're stuck on the default 1800 DPI. There's software workarounds though so it's not necessarily a huge deal unless changing CPI on the go is a necessity for your playstyle. Technically, there's macro workarounds for that too, but seeing as it's a three button mouse, it would mean sacrificing the scrollwheel or one of the primary buttons.

R0ach advises against installing Synapse because the thing apparently turns the mouse sluggy. I haven't tried it myself but this was an almost unanimous consensus among the userbase. What metal is referring to on the other hand is the fact that the 3888's optimal CPI is 1800 DPI anyway. The lower settings mess with PCS, so even if there was a way to change CPI without Synapse, you wouldn't want to.

·
Mehehe!
2,781 Posts
Yep.

Install Synapse, flash to new firmware if need, set Hz and lights up the way you want it and then uninstall Synapse.

Then the only "con" is basically that you're stuck at 1800 dpi. Aside from that it's a solid little mouse then.

In case you have low PCS, you'll need the firmware (it will fix it and will magically make the Abyssys 2014 do 4+ m/s ... facepalm Razer).

·
Registered
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptBE View Post

Yep.

Install Synapse, flash to new firmware if need, set Hz and lights up the way you want it and then uninstall Synapse.

Then the only "con" is basically that you're stuck at 1800 dpi. Aside from that it's a solid little mouse then.

In case you have low PCS, you'll need the firmware (it will fix it and will magically make the Abyssys 2014 do 4+ m/s ... facepalm Razer).
This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks everyone. Would love to see the 1000Hz polling rate variance though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Yep.

I've got a question for you since you own this mouse.

By the looks of it, it seems to me that the old Abyssus was more of a \_/ shape compared to the 2014, meaning that the 2014 is effectively a bit wider. Is that correct or just my eyes playing tricks on me?

·
Mehehe!
2,781 Posts
A tad wider and less \_/ shaped yes (I dislike excessive V shaping myself, always gave me a very good first shot flick, but worser tracking/stability gripwise).

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

A tad wider and less \_/ shaped yes (I dislike excessive V shaping myself, always gave me a very good first shot flick, but worser tracking/stability gripwise).
Thanks.
Quote:

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks everyone. Would love to see the 1000Hz polling rate variance though.
According to everything I've read, 1000hz is not stable and the mouse works best at 500hz.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaokkkkkkkk View Post

Why does "unstable" polling rate matter again?
It causes inconsistent tracking. If the polling rate fluctuates wildly, it can create an effect of positive or negative acceleration.

·
Registered
629 Posts
new abyssus > old abyssus, no more annoying blue light, old abyssus side grip is just cutting fingers when you go hardcore in clutch fps game moments, no more of that with a new abyssus, god damn hell yeah! this mouse helped me win so many games, as zowie fk never did, i'm not saying zowie is bad. No finger cutting sides, o em gee, 3 years were worth to wait lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts