Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what the **** they are, all i know that its something to do with a pump. I Know that AC Is alternate Current (I think) and DC is Something, i took it in school once =S Whats the difference between them and which one do i need to get?

-Muss

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
dc is direct current. i did it in school last year but cannot remember the details. all i know is if you have a dc of 2 amps then it constantly stays at 2 amps but an ac of 2 amps would go from 2 amps to -2 amps. hope this helps slightly.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
If I'm not mistaken AC pumps plug straight into the wall (alternating current is what comes through a standard wall socket), and DC plugs into a comp PSU (or PCI converter, or some other DC source). From what I've seen, the more powerful the pump, the more likely it is AC (plugs straight into wall).

....if that's what you're asking.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Personally I like this DC pump. It's virtually silent, uses only .69 amps, only 8.3 watts and you can plug in straight into your psu. it uses less power than one of my delta fans
and if you mod it like they did here then it'll for sure beat out all the other pumps in terms of flow rate. the only downside is the price, but seeing how you have an FX-55 it doesn't look like that'll be a big concern for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts