Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems Ubi's whole site again being attacked as the Register link is very spotty and the Forums are MIA. So what do you think of what seems to be developing into a war of attrition? [...if Ubi is actually being DDoS'd again]

1] Of those that have the game, has your ability to play been affected?

2] Is this actually good in a way in as it can kill this DRM in the long run?

I understand the DDoS is wrongdoing by those doing it. That said, I hate this DRM. I do most of my gaming on a laptop and ~20hrs a week away from home and net connection and so, to me... the DRM is in it's net effect a DDoS of sorts. Those who can't play the game because of the DDoS are in my boat. The DDoS is just a special case of the DRM's shortcomings.

I am actually glad that it is happening in general even though I do feel sorry for the persons it is happening to. If it is any consolation, I can't play it either. Still, I hope the DDoS attacks continue. How many people will honestly look to buy Prince of Persia or Splinter Cell if it has AC2's DRM knowing both the general inconveniences of the DRM and that Ubisoft will be the target of repeated DDoS attacks which will prohibit play?

Ubisoft may hold on to this DRM as long as it can, but I doubt they can keep it on AC2 for more than a month or two if every weekend they and their customers get wiped out. And if that happens there is no way they can sell it to the public on future titles.

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
Ubisoft will just conveniently blame the attackers, but don't let them. They can resolve this issue by just pouring money into bandwidth and servers

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...but how many weekends of DDoS's, angry customers and bad press do you think Ubisoft can endure before they drop this DRM.

...and do you think they can sell PoP and Splinter Cell with this DRM if AC2 with this DRM "leaves a scar"?

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
We're in an era where companies can't care less about what their customers think. Why? Because while they may rant and rage, at the end of the day, the majority of them are fickle and will buy the next product anyway.

So, forever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts