Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was talking with a friend (not paying attention) and hit "shift" instead of "Control" and basically deleted my whole temp library. I tried data recovery and it failed... I can no longer download ANYTHING. What can I possibly do? Or will I have to reformat?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Look for program called Recover My Files. I accidentally deleted my partition and wiped my pics, programs, and data HDD that program got all info back, just gets relabeled as recovery1, 2, 3... I will google now tho see what i can find to recover them tho

EDIT: check out file scavenger aswell another program may work for you

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't see why this is a problem in the slightest. Temp(orary) files are just that. Anything that is needed should be recreated next time its needed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by weidass;12018632
I don't see why this is a problem in the slightest. Temp(orary) files are just that. Anything that is needed should be recreated next time its needed.
Not in the case of my internet browsers. I use Firefox. I cannot go to "open containing folder". Basically, what happens is. I'll download a file, it is in my Temp folder until it is finished downloading, then just disappears (aka deleted). I cannot find it anywhere. I tried reinstalling Firefox. Nothing. Tried IE, same thing. I'm only having problems with my internet browsers.

When I try to download an image, if I drag it directly to my desktop or a folder from the page itself, its fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts