Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new cooler today, it is impressive cooling the gpu and ram but my vrm temps are too high now.. PLease help

the cooler wont go on if ramsink is completely on that ram chip

·
Registered
923 Posts
the best thing to do as far as i know is using taking apart the stock heat sink and fan that came with the card and using the bottom plate that covers all the ram and vrm's... that cooler will still fit and the temps will be under control

·
Registered
923 Posts
And if I knew how to put pictures on here it would be a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts

You're doing it wrong. 3 heatsinks on the VRMs, not 2.

As for the memory issue, just try and get as much contact as possible, it shouldn't matter too much as long as it is on there. I saw a post where somebody actually filed down half of the fins so that it would fit.

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post

As for the memory issue, just try and get as much contact as possible, it shouldn't matter too much as long as it is on there. I saw a post where somebody actually filed down half of the fins so that it would fit.
ooooooooohhhhhh, that is how its doneI guess I am gonna need some thermal tape then

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

I did exact thing int he pic and it still didnt help as you can see in my screens

·
Registered
923 Posts
did you try using the stock heatsink plate?

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SubstancenUnknown View Post
did you try using the stock heatsink plate?
no i didnt that didnt help either that is why I changed the cooler

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
i love that cooler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.