Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung Evo 850. I've noticed that sometimes it still seems to spin up the D drive which is my other hard drive and makes me wait. I can double click on something, and I'll notice that its taking a while. Then I'll hear the D drive (my old 500gb seagate) spinning up and finally the document will open. Then I'll check to make sure, and sure enough the file is located on my C drive, which is the Samsung SSD. And not on the old hard drive. Any idea why its doing this? I bought a SSD so I didn't have to wait on this kind of thing anymore. And most of the time, I don't. But it does this frequently enough to be annoying.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I have a Samsung Evo 850. I've noticed that sometimes it still seems to spin up the D drive which is my other hard drive and makes me wait. I can double click on something, and I'll notice that its taking a while. Then I'll hear the D drive (my old 500gb seagate) spinning up and finally the document will open. Then I'll check to make sure, and sure enough the file is located on my C drive, which is the Samsung SSD. And not on the old hard drive. Any idea why its doing this? I bought a SSD so I didn't have to wait on this kind of thing anymore. And most of the time, I don't. But it does this frequently enough to be annoying.
I'm assuming this is a clean install on the SSD?
Have you disabled disk indexing? Superfetch?
Not sure if the page file would have any effect but you can play with that.

You'll probably need to restart after changing any of this to apply it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts