Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i used Zadig to install a gamecube controller hub and accidentally overwrote my mouse drivers and it's not being recognized in mouse's software (Logitech Gaming Software)

Current mouse is a Logitech G Pro and this is how the device manager is showing my mouse's drivers:

I'd like to know if it is possible to rollback to its original drivers, otherwise gg mouse :c

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Right click uninstall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Probably the receiver

So i used Zadig to install a gamecube controller hub and accidentally overwrote my mouse drivers and it's not being recognized in mouse's software (Logitech Gaming Software)

Current mouse is a Logitech G Pro and this is how the device manager is showing my mouse's drivers:

I'd like to know if it is possible to rollback to its original drivers, otherwise gg mouse :c
I did the same thing. Deleting the mouse in that list won't help. But down below there's a device called "receiver". I'm guessing it's a USB wireless mouse right? So what you have overwritten using Zadig is the RECEIVER not the mouse. The mouse piggybacks on the receiver connection to the computer. For my Logitech mouse it was listed as "USB Receiver Device" or something like that.

So right click on the receiver, uninstall using the Delete Driver option, and then unplug and replug the receiver dongle. Should work. Good luck. That's 3 hours of my time condensed into a paragraph!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd just like to add that if you've done this, then panicked, like I did and relentlessly used Zadig to try to rectify the issue, cycling through all available drivers to see if one would work, then use device manager to remove the mouse. In my case it was a bit difficult to find the mouse as Windows was recognising it, failing to communicate with it, dropping it and finding it again which meant that expanding the menu was difficult. I found USB mouse, under USB devices, instead of under "Mice and other pointing devices", I uninstalled the device, checking delete driver for this device. Then it appeared as a WLAN adapter on COM7 under LibUSB devices, or similar. Same routine, uninstall and delete driver, repeatedly until "Windows is setting up your USB mouse", and it worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts