Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a 450 this week to replace my 9800gt green edition( not getting rid of it, just saving for backup ), my gpuz stats


So does anyone have a accurate gtx450 gpu-z image?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
It's a GTS 450, and they were just released like 2 days ago. I doubt anyone actually has one because of that and because they are not worth buying. 5770s are cheaper (or around the same price, at least) and outperform it, and GTX 460 768MB versions cost ~$20 more and obliterate it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,777 Posts
Hpw does the 5770 draw too much? lol..108W is nothing for the performance it gives and that PSU could probably power it fine. Maybe that PSU can power a GTX 460 768mb too since the rest of your system isn't too power hungry and the power requirements are based off a high end i7 system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Just hold on to the 9800gt until you do have enough cash for the 1GB 460. you won't regret it, it will knock the pants off the 450.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Also the 5770 is nothing compared to the GTS 450 I dont care who says differently. I have been a ATI fan for many years and I have switched to the GTX 460 Because it stomps out the competition just look at all the benchmarks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,314 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kny View Post
It's a GTS 450, and they were just released like 2 days ago. I doubt anyone actually has one because of that and because they are not worth buying. 5770s are cheaper (or around the same price, at least) and outperform it, and GTX 460 768MB versions cost ~$20 more and obliterate it.
Uh, where are you getting your info from? The GTS 450 is about $20 cheaper on average than the 5770, and it performs better. The GTS 450 gets about the same performance as the GTX 260, a little better actually, and the 260 was a little faster than the 5770, so that means the 450 is cheaper and faster than the 5770.

Don't forget about the better drivers with nvidia either. I would stay with nvidia if I were you. If you can afford it, I would suggest the GTX 460 1GB model, but if not, the GTS 450 will still be a decent upgrade from your 9800gt. What games are you playing?

@ crossfiredx2, you do realize that your GTX 460 couldn't possibly be made by Sapphire right? Sapphire only makes ATI cards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by muels7 View Post
the GTS 450 will still be a decent upgrade from your 9800gt. What games are you playing?
Yea i am going to buy one of the 450, have my eyes on this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814261081

The core is at 930. Or if i decided to go cheaper, i am going to buy the MSI version, either way i am buying one very soon. This will be a nice upgrade from my 9800gt and with my dual core.

Peace
 

·
Gone
Joined
·
8,730 Posts
There was a Zotac GTX460 768MB for $155 Shipped with $15 MIR...but I'm guessing it sold out...

The GTS450 seems ovepriced to me :\\

Quote:

Originally Posted by muels7 View Post
Uh, where are you getting your info from? The GTS 450 is about $20 cheaper on average than the 5770, and it performs better. The GTS 450 gets about the same performance as the GTX 260, a little better actually, and the 260 was a little faster than the 5770, so that means the 450 is cheaper and faster than the 5770.

Don't forget about the better drivers with nvidia either. I would stay with nvidia if I were you. If you can afford it, I would suggest the GTX 460 1GB model, but if not, the GTS 450 will still be a decent upgrade from your 9800gt. What games are you playing?
May I ask you the same question?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...5750,2734.html
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforc...iew-roundup/23
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...s-450-review/6

GTX460>GTX260>5770>GTS450.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already said that i have no plans to replace my PSu from my dual core which only has a 6 pin. Those high end cards i plan to buy, but for my six core computer i am building soon. I just wanted some upgrades and other cards for my dual core. I have a 9800gt green edition and i will pick up a 450 soon.
 

·
OCN
Joined
·
1,540 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by $till LegendaryU2K
View Post

Yea i am going to buy one of the 450, have my eyes on this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814261081

The core is at 930. Or if i decided to go cheaper, i am going to buy the MSI version, either way i am buying one very soon. This will be a nice upgrade from my 9800gt and with my dual core.

Peace


I think its fairly silly to get a 450 for 160 if you can get this ...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814261074

Just me, skip a coffee and an egg mcmuffin tomorrow and get this instead. And it comes with a molex to pcie power adapter =P
 

·
Stealin Yer Sammich!
Joined
·
9,882 Posts
I too have been doing research on the GTS450. Its a definite upgrade from my GT240(which would then become my Physx card once I get a new Mobo) I know that the 460 and up would be better, but I found the G450 for $130 at TD. And I would not have to upgrade my PSU. Honestley I think the 450 is going to be a good card for those of us with the smaller systems that don't want a Nuclear Power Plant to run their rig. Thats being said I will probably be getting a 450.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,365 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by $till LegendaryU2K View Post
I am trying to find a upgrade from my 9800gt using this PSU which i have no plans to change:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817153023

5770 draws too much, 5750 is decent tho, and of course the 5670 which is only slightly better than my 9800gt which is fine by me.
I have same PSU....look at my sig rig.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top