Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[UPDATE 22.7.2012]

Added moar photos for the mod of the month competition i have entered!
wheee.gif
Hope u guys like them even if my photo skills are horrible. tried lights on, lights off, flash on flash off and pressed all the buttons i could find on the camera but they didn't turn out great.
rolleyes.gif

(Final pics post 17)

I bought my Corsair 600T in August last year and have liked most things about it. The only thing that is driving me nuts is i can't have my pc on the left side of the table, there is no other logical way to place it in my flat so i decided it was time to mod my case
smile.gif

So what am i aiming for....

Well as the title say i will flip the motherboard so i can have it on my desk the way i want it. I also want to make some kind of hdd holder, i really don't like the original one. Also will add a another rad to my build to get a bit better cooling. Might also change other things as i don't really have a plan, kinda just taking one step at a time.

So i cut the part i want to flip. Gonna try this way first to see if it works, if not i need to make a whole new piece

A mockup how it would look like, still need to add a motherboard and psu so i can see that everything fits.

Feel free to comment and for the love of god please tell me if im doing something stupid and doing something that won't work
biggrin.gif

forgot to add how it looks before the mod
smile.gif

·
I miss my OCN!!
2,196 Posts
That's alot of surgery your undertaking there, I'm interested to see how it all turns out. You should cut out the front mesh, makes such a difference.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Woah, that is a great idea! I completely stand with you; pc MUST be at my right....ocd? Best of luck sir.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

Think i'm more of a adhd man myself than ocd
biggrin.gif
I struggle to just hang around and not doing anything. I really like fixing cars but after buying two "everyday" cars and fixing them for a year each my gf said no more cars
confused.gif
So this time i said im just gonna do a few things to my computer. She thinks im a nerd
tongue.gif

If anyones interested heres a pic
smile.gif

Back to business, cut,bent and welded a bit last night. Not getting much done this week, work is crazy busy but should clear up next week.

Anyone used the bitspower sli fittings? Do the pipes stay there or do you need to fix the pipes? Was gonna use pipes instead of tubes but not sure if i can use them everywhere

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So got a few hrs in the garage on the weekend. Spent most of the time to make sure everything was straight and in line with the mb. Not really sure where all this is going but hopefully it will turn out allright...

I apologize for the horrible picture quality, need to borrow my gf dslr camera
smile.gif

So spotwelded the whole rear panel, had to be really careful not to warp the metal, ended up pretty good, just need a bit of filler
smile.gif

Added a piece of metal to support the missing mb tray. Still needs finishing but will do all the boring stuff later
biggrin.gif

Thinking of hiding all the hdd's, psu, pumps and rads. Did a mockup with cardboard but it looks bad, gonna do it in solidworks as soon as i get some spare time

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After making a few different versions that didn't work out so well i think i have decided to go for this one. The idea is to try and hide most of the things like hdd's, pumps, dvd, rad, fans and so on. If everything turns out as planned i will use pipes instead of tubes. Comments are welcome
smile.gif

bceefe3b-5906-135d.jpg

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looks great! subbed
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I need to do the same thing for my case LOL! great idea and i like the way it is turning out. 5/5 subbed

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I have only used basic tools for this mod so assuming u have a welder it shouldn't be a problem
smile.gif

Everything is now bolted together. Didn't wanna weld all bits together in case i wanna change something in the future. Did a quick assembly of the plastic shroud just to see so everything still fits.

Thinking of maybe adding another reservoair just for the looks, not sure yet though.
I might have to cut a hole between the rear side and the bit i made so i can fit the psu. It will go in from one of the sides but once everything is in place i won't be able to get it out
smile.gif
Do any of you know a good place where to get custom rad grills? Was thinking of cutting a hole and just covering it up with one of them so incase i need to swap psu's it will be easy.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a few hrs done in the garage this weekend. Spent most of the time getting all the parts drilled and tapped so it can be assembled and disassembled easily. But i did have time to do some machining at work. Thought the reservoair i have was a bit booring so made some "caps" for it

5e166568-c6f1-36a2.jpg

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a parcel from UK and one from Germany today
smile.gif
Gotta go to the garage now and test fit some parts. Such a shame i forgot to buy fans for the new swiftech radiator
frown.gif

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had to modify the corsair hdd rack. was thinking of making my own but kinda like the ease of the corsair one so decided to use it. Still needs filling, sanding and painting but its a start

Fitted the reservoair thingies and have made holes for the fan potentiometers and a temp display. Also cut holes in the side of the panel to get hoses easily through to the back side. The plan is to use the corsair rubber grommits. Going with dual reservoairs incase i need another pump for all my watercooled parts.

Cut a hole for the radiator to get better airflow and less noise. Also did the "mesh" mod that a lot of 600T owners have done.

The rear still looks a bit messy. Might cut away a bit more if i struggle with all the plumbing. All the cut parts in the pictures will get some u tubing to hide the sharp edges.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, have gotten a lot done recently so thought I would do a small update.

Got all the bits sanded and painted. Have started installing parts and trying to figure out how to route all the cables and tubes.

The paintjob turned out decent, not happy but it will have to do for now. Still trying to decide if I should go for white tubing or black.. What do you guys think?

Gonna go for clear fluid or try to match the blue on the motherboard, have some blue mayhems dye...

Up next is making a cover for the sli connector. I really don't like the asus "copper" colored one.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Almost done now, just need to sleeve the pci-e cables for the 2nd graphics card. And try and paint the noctua fan white

Struggled to get a good shot of the case with the acrylic sidepanel on but hopefully u will see enough. It's a bit more seethrough in real life but u'll get the idea
smile.gif
The only mod i did from last update was cutting the panels and machining a cover for the sli "bridge" Hope you like it...

1 - 20 of 174 Posts