Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Always Learning
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acer is releasing an IPS (AHVA) 144hz G-Sync Monitor. Should be quite expensive since the Asus ROG Swift is $800 and its only TN. Guessing around $1000+. For those who do not think an AHVA/IPS 144hz G-Sync isn't possible, AU Optronics (same panel maker for ROG Swift) has announced it quite a while back.

They also announced a 144hz TN based G-Sync with 1 ms as well with very thin bezel. Seems to be identical to Asus ROG Swift.

Release Date: March 2015

Official Press Release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/01/prweb12421775.htm

Few other sites that put up the news:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/acer-xb270hu-xg270hu-ips-g-sync,28299.html
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/32.htm#acer_xb270hu

- Acer XB270HU is the world's first NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ enabled gaming monitor with an IPS display that offers consistent, clear images from 178-degree wide viewing angles
- 27inch 144hz IPS/AHVA G-Sync 1440p

- Acer XG270HU is the world's first gaming monitor with an edge-to-edge frameless display for seamless viewing and quick 1ms response time
- 27inch 144hz TN G-Sync 1440p [thin bezel]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks good being IPS, still my Swift is perfect so don't really need anything else
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I held off on buying the ROG Swift for a few reasons. TN display and Matte coating. Everything else was great about it. What will help me make up my mind about pulling the trigger on this monitor now is:

Glossy or Matte?
ULMB or no?
1440p Nvidia 3D Vision support like the ROG Swift?

Those are pretty important determining factors. If it doesn't hit on all 3, then neither the ROG Swift nor this monitor will really be a complete monitor. So here's hoping for some good news in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post

I held off on buying the ROG Swift for a few reasons. TN display and Matte coating. Everything else was great about it. What will help me make up my mind about pulling the trigger on this monitor now is:

Glossy or Matte?
ULMB or no?
1440p Nvidia 3D Vision support like the ROG Swift?

Those are pretty important determining factors. If it doesn't hit on all 3, then neither the ROG Swift nor this monitor will really be a complete monitor. So here's hoping for some good news in the not too distant future.
I held off because it was never in stock, and good thing I did, cause 4K seems to be more mainstream. 4K is where it's gonna be.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestiaHumana View Post

I held off because it was never in stock, and good thing I did, cause 4K seems to be more mainstream. 4K is where it's gonna be.
I have been holding on to my Eizo fg2421 for a while now and after trying to use another 4ms GTG LCD I am glad I did. I think I will only upgrade to something like that if it has ULMB, because even 4ms GTG blur gives me a huge headache now that I am used to the turbo 240hz.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i ended up with the BenQ XL2720Z and i love it. Only thing that sucks are the viewing angles but its just me playing so it really doesnt bother me to much. I would still love an IPS @ 144Hz

·
Registered
383 Posts
This is pretty much the ultimate gaming monitor of 2015. It has checked off all of my "WANT" boxes except for curved screen and 32"+ (I know, I'm dreaming).

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Acer o Acer o Acer why.. Why single input??
This monitor would be so epic if it would also have HDMI in.
Now im still not sure if i will wait for this or get a benq gsync Multi input monitor, i need to hook up an console too..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzer View Post

Now im still not sure if i will wait for this or get a benq gsync Multi input monitor, i need to hook up an console too..
Including further ports would necessitate additional electronics (i.e. another non-G-SYNC scaler) and would come at considerable extra cost. It would essentially have to be two monitors in one, much as BenQ does with the 'hybrid' technology on their expensive XL2420G.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzer View Post

It does, according to this.

Quote:
In addition to its G-SYNC and IPS technology, the Acer XB270HU is a fully featured monitor, offering just about every extra you could hope for. Starting from the top, the screen can be height adjusted, titled, rotated into Portrait, and VESA wall mounted. On the side there's the required DisplayPort 1.2 output for G-SYNC, plus HDMI and DVI outputs for game consoles and other devices, as well as audio out and two USB 3.0 ports for accessories or storage.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-worlds-first-144hz-ips-monitor-unveiled

1 - 20 of 47 Posts