Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friends acer aspire 5000 starts up and gets to boot in safe mode screen. whatever i select it goes to the windows loading screen, after about 5 seconds it restarts and goes back to the boot in safe mode screen. i tested the sticks of ram that where in the laptop and one was dead. is it possible that the hard drive has been corupted and if so is there a way of reformating with out having to accsess it through the operating system? any ideas would be greatly apritated

·
Enthusiast
757 Posts
Does he not have the OS disk that came with his computer? I dont know how the acer company works but some other big computer companies let you create a boot disk after providing serial numbers and such for proof of purchase from there website. He could also contact customer support and request and OS disk for his laptop if you guys dont have any disks laying around. Any of the same OS will work as long as you use his key provided on the bottom of the laptop usually.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
laptop was seacond hand so no proof of sale and i dont think the os disk is around. i have a copy of xp that i tryed but it wont let me enter the boot menu. so it boots from the hard drive then restarts straight away. can i remove the hard drive and reformat it by conecting it to my computer. obviusly my hard drives are sata but i think there are other connections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts