Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire One netbook i am installing windows 7 on. I want to know if it is possible to update the recovery partition from XP to windows 7. It has the Acer Recovery partition still intact but i can't find much information online.

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
891 Posts
I don't believe you can update the recovery partition. Your best bet would format the entire hard drive (making it partition-less). When installing Windows 7 I think it automatically creates a recovery partition of around 200 mb on your install drive. Thus being said I've never had good luck with the Windows recovery options. Kind of hit or miss, if there's a serious issue 9 times out of 10 you are better off doing a fresh install, though it is kind of a pain having to re-install/download things. Also these recovery drives don't back up your files or anything like that, you would need to have an online back up or some type of media (flash drive, external hdd, etc.) to do that.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i thought, i used to make a back up using paragon paragon partition manager but i thought it would be easier as it is my grandads netbook to try and update the emanagement recovery to windows 7. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts