Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it pretty much comes down to this. Ive decided i wanna try the 21 by 9 ratio and these 2 screens covers the features im looking for. Except i dont like the fact that you need to overclock the screen to get the 100Hz and also been hearing about alot of issues when doing this. Ghosting, backlight bleeding maybe more. But what im courious about is when to or if at all you guys recommend buying one of these.
Like alot of others in here im gonna upgrade my 970 to a 1080 as soon as i can.

My questions for you:
Is this the right time to buy? During the nvidia presentation the ceo mentioned something about new displays with new technology right around the corner. Anyone know anything about what he was talking about?
Im guessing if theres anything to this that the current ones will drop in price, cause they are expensive.

Is the overclock ability stable to run all the time? If not maybe just use it for gaming.

Whats your guys thoughts on this? Im really unsure of this.

Regards.
smile.gif

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm in the same boat - considering buying a PG348Q myself from a local Microcenter while trying to talk them into discounting a floor display model some.

Came across this thread and looked into it and it seems that with nVidia Pascal and AMD Polaris there is going to be new monitors that can do up to:

240Hz @ 1080p/1440p
190Hz @ ultrawide 1440p
120Hz @ 4K

I haven't looked much but doesn't seem like there's been any announcements for what to expect on the monitor front and when; as well as how capable the next gen of GPUs will be able to output enough FPS to take full advantage.

I'll probably hold off on a purchase now since prices will hopefully drop further for current monitors when these new ones come out.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I've been trying to talk myself into an X34, but expecting I'll be settling for an XB271HU. The longer I mull it over, the more I'm willing to just wait a bit for the next new monitors to be released at E3 in June.

I'm already in a holding pattern, waiting for the Pascal cards, so it won't kill me to hold off a bit on a monitor purchase as well.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimojo View Post

I've been trying to talk myself into an X34, but expecting I'll be settling for an XB271HU. The longer I mull it over, the more I'm willing to just wait a bit for the next new monitors to be released at E3 in June.

I'm already in a holding pattern, waiting for the Pascal cards, so it won't kill me to hold off a bit on a monitor purchase as well.
Ah, so hopefully June. That's not too far off. I'd like to think they'd be priced at what the X34/PG348Q are now but that's probably wishful thinking.

I'm kind of wondering if I should try to sell my 980ti now or if it'll hold some value; always had lower/mid tier cards so no clue how much it'll fluctuate.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDShaDoW View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimojo View Post

Ah, so hopefully June. That's not too far off. I'd like to think they'd be priced at what the X34/PG348Q are now but that's probably wishful thinking.

I'm kind of wondering if I should try to sell my 980ti now or if it'll hold some value; always had lower/mid tier cards so no clue how much it'll fluctuate.
I haven't heard any rumors or anything. I'm just assuming someone is going to bring something new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts