Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl2ambo View Post

I ran Asus Realbench got 10 passes and been gaming on it for 10 hours+ and ran cinebench i havn't had a Blue Screen in 5 days.
I'd be very cautious about that being "stable". I'd subject it to at least 24hrs of Prime95 or the equivalent in Intel Burn Test. I have a feeling you'll find out you're not stable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Forget about Prime95, it's an unrealistic stress test....especially with Haswell chips.

If you can run multiple RealBench passes and play your games w/o stability issues, you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Delid that puppy!

NICE chip for sure.
thumb.gif

SS

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you can use the computer as you normally would , ie games and such, without having it crash then that's stable in my book. 24hr stress tests are what I would use if I was usuing my rig for rendering and encoding but that's only a very small percentage of people.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamselinDistres View Post

If you can use the computer as you normally would , ie games and such, without having it crash then that's stable in my book. 24hr stress tests are what I would use if I was usuing my rig for rendering and encoding but that's only a very small percentage of people.
this! encoding! Run some encoding tasks on it. This is real world use of AVX instructions. If you have instabilities due to voltage, using AVX instructions will find it. If you can pass a number of hours of h265 encoding, you're good to go!

Realbench does h264 encoding already, so you've already been throwing one of the most demanding real world tasks at it. Get handbrake, set it up for the highest quality h265 encoding and test that way too. If anything, it will confirm you're stable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts